Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last Card

No, this isn't the last card for my blog.  It's the last card from my recent stamp class.  Again, I was trying to keep it clean and simple for the newbies.

The card base is Old Olive card stock.  I added a layer of Autumn Spice designer series paper.  This paper is a heavier weight paper and has some great patterns and colors to work with.  To a strip of Pretty in Pink card stock, I added Night of Navy striped ribbon and adhered it to the card front.  The image from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set was stamped with Night of Navy craft ink on Very Vanilla card stock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The corners were punched out with the Ticket Corner punch and the image was matted with Night of Navy card stock.  Pretty in Pink brads were added to all four corners.  I popped up the image layer with dimensionals to the front of the card.  Again, no sentiment so the card could be used for whenever the need arises.  I remember the first time I did heat embossing, I swore I would never do it again.  Don't ask me why but now, four years later, it is probably my most favorite thing to do to make a card special.    And the ladies that came to the class liked it too.  A very simple technique but adds so much to a project.  I hope you're having a great Wednesday.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Thoughts & Prayers (#113252)
Irresistible Ink:  Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717)
Card Stock Confections:  Old Olive (#100702); Night of Navy (#100867); Pretty in Pink (#100459); Very Vanilla (#101650); Autumn Spice DSP (#120808)
Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Ticket Corner Small Punch (#119867)
Finish It Up:  Night of Navy 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (#119773); Subtles Brads (#119738); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

8 comments:

Elaine said...

It's beautiful, Patti! I've enjoyed browsing your cards. I love your style! :) I'm a new follower too (from SC).
http://createnstamp.blogspot.com/

Dale Morin said...

Great card! This is one that can be used for several different occasions. Love the colors. TFS

Shari Winterstein said...

Don't you just love the simplicity of this tree! So versatile. This is a beautiful card. Like the way you used the wide ribbon. Haven't gotten any and am keeping my eye on the different uses that don't give a gigantic knot! :)))) Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

Nicely done, Patti! I love this tree...simple but elegant! A great card for newbies!

Laura Love said...

Your stamp camp projects are very pretty! I am following your bloig now from Stampin Connection, you signed up for mine all ready! www.lovesrubberstamps.com

helloholley said...

I love clean and simple, and you pulled it off wonderfully!! Very sweet card! ;)

Belinda Keller said...

You are so talented! I love your blog to bits. TFS!

Anne Marie said...

Hi Patti! I saw your blog link on SC and I realy like your work! Wow! I just love this card and how you mixed the colors and patterns together. Just beautiful! :)