Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring Basket

With all the snow and cold weather here in the Northeast, I thought a few colorful tulips might brighten my day.  I don't usually want winter to end too fast but this year I AM READY for spring! 

Crumb Cake card stock was used as the base for my card.  I used the Scallop Trim Border punch along one side of a piece of Very Vanilla, added some Rose Red brads in the bottom right corner and adhered it to the card front.  Using the same punch, I punched along one edge of a strip of Rose Red card stock, added a strip of Springtime Vintage designer series paper, and attached them to the left side of the Very Vanilla layer.  I stamped the image from A Flower For All Seasons stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock with black ink.  The image was colored in with Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette, River Rock and Crumb Cake markers.  I outlined the bird with a Basic Black marker so he would stand out in front of the basket.  The image was punched out and added to a Rose Red scallop circle.  This was all popped up with dimensionals.  Again, a very clean and simple card with a touch of spring.  Have a wonderful day and stay warm.

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used 
Super Stamp Set:  A Flower for All Seasons (#111592)
Irresistible Ink:  Basic Black Ink Pad (#101179); Markers:  Rose Red (#100063), Always Artichoke (#105113), Basic Black (#100082), Pink Pirouette (#120969), River Rock (#120972), Crumb Cake (#120967)
Card Stock Confections:  Crumb Cake (#120953); Rose Red (#102544); Very Vanilla (#101650); Springtime Vintage DSP (#1217820
Terrific Tools:  Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch (#118874); 1-3/4" Circle Extra Large Punch (#119850)
Finish It Up:  Subtles Brads (#119738); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow! I love this paper so much! Fabulous card, Patti!

Rose Castillo said...

So Pretty. I like the way you layered the border punch.

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Another beautiful card. Love the double layer of the scallop edge punch. TFS

Lisa Flynn said...

Just beautiful. I love the layered border punch! Gorgeous!
~Lisa~
www.TheStampCampCounselor.com

Crystal said...

Love this card! That stamp set goes so nicely with this paper, and I love all the scallops! :) tfs