Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Springtime for Up Line

My up line recently celebrated her birthday and I was a bad girl; didn't get her card done on time but you know what they say "better late than never".  I wanted to try a joy fold card and also use the Springtime Vintage designer series paper.  This is what I came up with.

The base is a piece of Baja Breeze card stock cut at 4-1/4"x8" and scored at 5-1/2".  The smaller "card" is also Baja Breeze cut at 3"x8" and scored at 4".  On the larger card I embossed three pieces of Springtime Vintage designer paper with the Big Shot and the Finial Press embossing folder, sponged the edges of the floral design on the front with Crumb Cake ink, matted two of them with Rose Red card stock, and added them to the card.  I stamped the image from the Easter Blossoms stamp set on Very Vanilla card stock with Crumb Cake ink, colored it in with Rose Red ink and a Blender Pen and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  I matted the image layer with a piece of the same designer paper, made a bow with Baja Breeze ribbon, punched a hole with the crop-a-dile, inserted the tails of the bow and attached them in the back and adhered the whole layer to the front flap of the small card.  I added some Dazzling Diamonds to some of the blossoms using the 2-way glue.  I stamped the sentiment from the Bring On the Cake stamp set and the little flourish from Easter Blossoms on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Crumb Cake ink and added it to the inside of the small card.  There you have it.  Happy birthday Lisa albeit a tad late.  I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.  Remember, SPRING IS COMING!!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Easter Blossoms (w-#121905/c-#122057); Bring On the Cake (w-#121899/c-#121958)
Irresistible Ink:  Crumb Cake (#121030); Rose Red (#101788)
Card Stock Confections:  Baja Breeze (#111352); Rose Red (#102544); Very Vanilla (#101650); Springtime Vintage DSP (#121782)
Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Finial Press Embossing Folder (#115963); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Blender Pens (#102845)
Finish It Up:  Baja Breeze 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#122331); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
blog signature

11 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I'm sure your upline will love this, I sure do! Gorgeous mix of papers and the joy-fold design is great! The sparkle on the blossoms is a pretty accent, too. :)

Debbie Martin said...

I'm sure she will love it. Great card, it gives me ideas, YEA!

Julia Sager said...

Beautiful card. She's gonna LOVE it!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the DSP and the embossing! I just made a joy-fold card for my PPA inspiration card this week. We must be thinking along the same lines! lol

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful card. The dsp you chose is awesome and I like the embossing on it. Really makes it pop. TFS!

Nicki said...

Love it! Can't wait to get my set so I can play and make something as beautiful as this. Thanks for a great idea. Nicki

Julz said...

Super cute card Patty! :) I've also nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award! Thanks for providing tons of fab inspiration!
Julz ;)
http://ribbonsnjulz.blogspot.com/2011/02/sharin-love.html

Lisa Flynn said...

I received your card and it was well worth the wait -- LOL
Great job as always! I'm blessed to have you as my friend!
~ Lisa ~

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!!

Crystal said...

So pretty! So sweet of you to remember your upline's b'day, too. I'm sure she appreciates you. :) Thanks for sharing this - I always forget to do something fun like embossing over the DP! :)

Andrea Gideon said...

Pretty card. Love this DSP for Vintage cards. Like your design