Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine - Say What?

Nope, I haven't forgotten that Valentine's day is gone.  I was looking at some challenges, saw the Picture Perfect Challenge Love is in the Air, realized I still had leftovers from a stamp class and this card, and figured I might as well accept the challenge.  Now I'll have a card all ready for next year.  I decided to also use the sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary Challenge #138.

As you can see, the first thing I did was flip the sketch 90 degrees to the left.  I started with a base of Whisper White card stock and added a layer of Real Red that I had punched along one long edge with the Scallop Trim Border punch.  I punched a circle out of Pink Pirouette card stock and added a scallop circle of Real Red.  I punched four small hearts out of Whisper White card stock and added them to the scallop circle.  I added the very small pink hearts from the Love Impressions Rub-Ons to the center of the white hearts.  This whole layer was added to the card front.  Using the Small Heart and Heart to Heart punches, I punched out hearts from the Red Glimmer paper and Real Red card stock, attached them to a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock, and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder giving it the embedded image effect.  I attached this to the card front.  I matted a piece of Basic Black card stock with Whisper White card stock, added a piece of Real Red ribbon and attached this to the front also.  Using the Two Tags die, the Big Shot and Basic Black card stock, I cut out one of the tags and spritzed it with Frost White Shimmer mist (Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with alcohol in a small spray bottle). 
The tag was too wide for my purpose so I trimmed it on both sides and rounded the corners on the bottom edge.  More rub-ons were added to the front and the inside as well as a red glimmer brad.  This was popped up with dimensionals and mini glue dots and added to the front.  I can definitely say this is my last valentine card.  A belated Happy Valentine's Day to you all.  Have a fun Friday.  (I think it's time to redo my blog header also.)

 Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Card Stock Confections:  Whisper White (#100730); Real Red (#102482); Pink Pirouette (#111351); Basic Black (#121045); Red Glimmer Paper (#121790)
Terrific Tools:  big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 2-1/2" Circle Extra Large Punch (#120906); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch (#118874); Two Tags Bigz Die (#115954); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Heart Small Punch (#117193); Heart to Heart Extra Large Punch (#119881); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Word Window Large Punch (#119857); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867)
Finish It Up:  Love Impressions Rub-Ons (#121886); Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119251); Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854); Glimmer Brights Brads (#121006); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)  
blog signature

13 comments:

Deb said...

Cute card! I just love how those hearts fit so perfectly in the scallops of the scallop circle. Great idea! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Crystal said...

What a great Valentine's card, Patti! Love the embossing over punches! STILL haven't tried that myself, but I love what I've seen with it!

Ann Schach said...

Wow,wow,wow! The texture, the tag...it's perfect! I love the hearts within the scallop and the heart balloon. It is so creative and unique!

Lori said...

Hi Patti! Super cute Valentine card ;) Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week!

Christina Dowty said...

I'm following you from SC #324. Thanks for following me too!
http://thecrazystamplady.blogspot.com

Debbie Henderson said...

I call leftovers "card guts" and you did a great job using your "card guts"! Love how you used the tag! Thanks for playing with us at CCMC!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you flipped the sketch and used that tag element! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Shari Winterstein said...

How did I miss this one! I love everything about it. The hearts lined up along the edge of the scallop circle are wonderful. I also like the tag that opens. I'm glad I didn't miss this! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Tamie said...

Patti this is an adorable card! I love the techniques you used and the little pocket rocks. Thank you so much for playing with us at PPC this week. It rocks.

Tamie - PPC DT

Stephanie Uzee said...

This is too cute!! I love the use of the Two Tag Die!

Mary Brown said...

Oh...I just LOVE how you did the tag on this! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Lisa said...

Love the textures and sparkles. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Okay, that scallop circle with the little hearts? WOW! Great job!