Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

You can never have too many birthday cards on hand (or cupcakes for that matter) so I challenged myself with the Stampin' Royalty Challenge #63 to TEXTURIZE with dry embossing and the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #85.  I also wanted to use my Build A Cupcake punch and that led me to the So Shelli.com Creative Challenge for March which was to create something that included cupcakes.

My card base is Daffodil Delight card stock.  I added a piece of designer series paper from the Ice Cream Parlor pack to the top part of the card front.  On the bottom I added a piece of Melon Mambo card stock that I had embossed with the small dots from the Texturz Plates using the Big Shot.  Two corners on each piece were rounded with the corner punch before attaching to the card stock.  With the Build a Cupcake punch, I punched out some cupcakes, candles, and cherries in Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point and adhered them to a piece of Peach Parfait card stock.  I ran this through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder to get the inlaid embossing effect.  I love the look you get with this technique.  I rounded two corners of the Peach Parfait and matted it with a piece of Pacific Point card stock that I had also rounded two corners.  The happy birthday sentiment from the Punch Bunch stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Old Olive Craft Stampin' Spot, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and punched out with the Scallop Square punch.  A piece of Old Olive ribbon was added and the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals.  Three buttons from the Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon and Button Pack were added.  I came away with a bright, cheerful card.  I hope your weekend is off to a good start.  Thanks for stopping by.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Punch Bunch (Sale-a-Bration-free with $50 purchase)
Irresistible Ink:  Brights Craft Stampin' Spots (#119718)
Card Stock Confections:  Daffodil Delight (#119683); Melon Mambo (#115320); Pacific Point (#111350); Peach Parfait (#119794); Very Vanilla (#101650); Ice Cream Parlor DSP & Quick Accents Pack (Sale-a-Bration-free with $50 purchase)
Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Scallop Square Extra Large Punch (#119884); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (#114512); Build a Cupcake XL Punch (#121807)
Finish It Up:  Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119256); Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack (#123529); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)


blog signature

21 comments:

Paula Stewart said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! :)

Stacy said...

Very cute. Love the bright colors, and the texture. I am just getting aquainted with dry embossing, and you have definitely inspired me. TFS!

http://stacysstampinspot.blogspot.com

Debbie Martin said...

Very cute card! Love that embedded embossing don't you?
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Maureen said...

This is a great birthday card - nice job with the embedded embossing - love it!!

Hands On said...

Great use and combination of products. Love the textured cupcakes. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

Yolanda said...

First though, ew, that is awesome! I love it. It might be a card I have to case. TFS. amazing. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Stephanie Uzee said...

This is so cute! I love the color combo and the embedded embossed cupcakes are so fun!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What an awesome card Patti,,,I just love it. The colors are so warm and happy and the scattered cupcakes just rock. Thanks for sharing!

Shari Winterstein said...

This card makes me think of fun, laughter, kids rollicking around and purely enjoying themselves at a birthday party. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet tumbling cupcakes!

Ann Schach said...

This is fabulous, Patti! I just love the colors! Of course, you can't beat the texture! Stunning!

MarĂ­a said...

Beautiful Card! Love the combination of colors and texture.
TFS

Dale Morin said...

This is a super, super card. Just love it. I have to make one of these! My daughter's birthday is next month and this will be a perfect card for her. Thanks so much for sharing!

Melanie C said...

So fun and cute! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Georgeann Manning said...

that card is so fun!!! the colors and everything are just so happy! love it! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Anne Marie said...

I love it! From the fun colors to the fabulous texture, this is a very HAPPY birthday card! You really combined those challenges perfectly, too. Great job! :)

Crystal said...

WOW. This is a great card! I *heart* that technique, and every time I see it, I vow to try it myself. Hopefully this time I actually will! lol - LOVE it!! tfs

Lyn Heppner said...

Adorable Patti!!

Carla Bazhenow said...

Congratulations on winning the PPA for your beautiful card!!! Its so fun and I love those cupcakes!!! Hugs,

Chanda Stehlik said...

Patti, this is just the cutest card ever! If SAB was still on then, I would have used this for next month's club project! I still might have to make some for myself to hoard, er, give away, LOL! SO CUTE!!!

I hope this next part doesn't come off as strange, but every time I see your picture on your avatar, I think...she just looks like a bundle of sunshine! So happy and friendly! That's a great quality to have! ;)

Chanda
www.onecraftymommy.com

Cindy Major said...

Wow, this card is just fabulous! LOVE the paper you created with the punched pieces!

Cindy