Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blossoms For Your Birthday

My card today is a birthday card we will be making at an upcoming stamp class.  The sentiment is on the inside because when I finished the card, I wasn't sure where I could put it on the front.  Also, when you leave the sentiment off the front, this card could be used for a variety of occasions.

My card base is Bravo Burgundy card stock.  It was cut 4-1/4"x11" so that it would open the long way horizontally (if that makes any sense).  I added a layer of Sahara Sand card stock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate.  Before adhering it to the card front I added three pieces of retired pink pirouette ribbon.  The image from the Easter Blossoms stamp set was stamped on Pink Pirouette card stock with Bravo Burgundy.  I filled in the blossoms with the white gel pen and the centers of the flowers with the Bravo Burgundy marker.  The edges were sponged with Sahara Sand Ink.  The image was matted with a piece of Bravo Burgundy card stock and popped up with dimensionals.  Rhinestones were added to two opposite corners.  A clean and simple card that can be made when you're in a time crunch.  It would be a lovely sympathy card if you leave off the bling.  Have a great day.  We had snow most of yesterday and some is still coming down this morning.  Thankfully it hasn't amounted to much.  WHERE'S SPRING?????

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Easter Blossoms (w-#121905/c-#122057)
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy (#105214); Sahara Sand (#105208); Bravo Burgundy Marker (#105109)
Card Stock:  Bravo Burgundy (#105123); Sahara Sand (#121043); Pink Pirouette (#111351)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Pink Pirouette 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)  
blog signature

16 comments:

Dale Morin said...

What a beautiful card! Love the Bravo Burgundy with the Sahara Sand and Pink Piroutte.

We ended up with 7+ inches of snow. It is really beautiful as it is all clean right now but I am so sick of this. I want spring and flowers!

LeAnne said...

Beautifully done, Patti! I love the simplicity of this....for some reason, this image intimidates me and I shy away from it! Great job!

Michele said...

Love this card. Pink and Brown together are my favorite.

Yolanda said...

I think that is such a pretty card. I really like the bling, it adds something to the card. Very nice! TFS yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Patti this is beautiful! I love these colors together...so soft and serene! Of course the bling is perfect! As far as spring...it's not in Iowa. If you find it, send it my way, too!

Michey said...

What a perfectly elegant card! I <3 the easter blossoms set so much!

Debbie Martin said...

Love it! It is time for me to make one of the branch cards also. TFS
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is so deliciously pink! Spring is in the air - although one wouldn't know it from the snow in our mountains and around the country. But this card sings spring with the beautiful branch. I don't use Bravo Burgundy very often but it is perfect with my favorite pink! Thanks for blessing my before bed moments. :)

Crystal said...

This set looks so sweet with the pink. :)

Peggy said...

Love this card. I am your newest follower from SC #381 Peggy Finney

My blog is www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

Patty Mickle said...

Your card is beautiful. I like your use of bravo burgundy. I forget about that color. TFS!

Tammy Clarke said...

Nice job, this is very pretty.

Diane - oliverdi@att.net said...

Patti this card is just beautiful. What a great pic for a class. I find myself also not putting a sentiment on the cards lately until I'm ready to put a stamp on it. Never fails I make a birthday and then I need a get well one!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my sew suite card. I think it turned out tu tu cute too! Hugs.

Renee said...

wowzers Patti this is just beautiful! I love this set but really love what you have done with it. Hugz n blessings

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is so pretty! I love all of the pink and the trio of ribbon behund the image is a very eye-catching touch! Great job! :)

Ashley said...

Such a beautiful card, Patti!! Love the colors and the ribbon! Hugs, Ash-