Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Didn't Make It To Stamp Class

Today's card was one that I didn't use for a stamp class.  This card was the one I chose to use instead; it seemed a little less complicated for beginners.

This is an easel card.  I used Certainly Celery as the base.  The image from Thoughts and Prayers stamp set was stamped with the Night of Navy craft spot and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set with Peach Parfait ink.  The corners were punched with the Scallop Trim Corner punch.  The image layer was matted with Peach Parfait and Not Quite Navy card stock.  This was added to the card front and is the part of the easel card that will stay propped up.  A piece of Not Quite Navy striped ribbon was cut in half lengthwise and threads were removed on the cut edge to give it a fringed look.  I added this to a piece of Certainly Celery card stock and added that to a strip of Not Quite Navy card stock.  This was adhered to the card to act as a stop for the easel part of the card.  A very simple card to make.  I really like the easel card because the receiver of the card has a simple way to display the card.  If you are interested the card base was cut at 5-1/2"x8-1/2"; score the 8-1/2" side at 4-1/2" and 6-3/8".  The image layer was cut at 3-1/4"x4-1/2"; the two mats were cut at 3-1/4"x4-1/2" and 3-1/2"x4-3/4".  If you don't punch out the corners, the image layer would be cut at 3"x4-1/4".  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great evening.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Thoughts & Prayers (#113252); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717); Peach Parfait Ink Pad (#119783)
Card Stock Confections:  Certainly Celery (#105125); Night of Navy (#100867); Peach Parfait (#119794); Very Vanilla Card Stock (#101650)
Terrific Tools:  Scallop Trim Corner Punch (#118870); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Night of Navy 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (#119773); Gold Brads (#104337); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)
blog signature

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is so pretty! The color combo is beautiful and the easel design is one of my favorites. I have yet to master those corner punches...I don't think I have gotten them right once, actually. Haha! I love how you added the brad to each corner, too. Very nice! :)

Shari Winterstein said...

I love the corners on this card! It makes the central image pop off the paper! Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring me with my corner punch!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow! Love this design! Great image!