Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pink and Orange?

Wow, I haven't posted in almost a week.  No excuses; just life getting in the way of my playing with paper.  I did want to try the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge #143 and this is what I came up with.

I was looking through some designer series paper that hadn't been touched in a while and that is where I came up with my color choices on this card.  The base is Very Vanilla card stock.  I added a ruffled piece of 
Rose Red ribbon to a piece of Sweet and Sour designer paper with glue dots and attached it to the card front.  I made a bow from the same ribbon and added it to the strip of ribbon with a glue dot.  I punched out one large scallop circle from Pumpkin Pie card stock and sponged the edges with Rose Red ink.  I cut out a piece of Rose Red and White Vellum card stock with the Flower Burst embosslit and the Big Shot.  I sponged the edges and the raised part of the vellum with Rose Red ink and attached it to the Rose Red piece and the large scallop with a Pumpkin Pie glimmer brad.  I punched out two pieces of Rose Red card stock with the small scallop circle punch, embossed them with the Finial Press embossing folder and Big Shot, spritzed them with Frost White Shimmer Paint that was mixed with rubbing alcohol and added them to the lower edge of the designer paper.  I then added the larger scallop circle with dimensionals.  The two sentiments from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set were added, one on each lower corner.  Mission accomplished.  I'll try not to disappear for too long this time.  Have a great day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-)
Ink:  Rose Red (#105216); Pumpkin Pie (#105216)
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Rose Red (#101778); Pumpkin Pie (#105117); White Vellum (#101856); Sweet & Sour Specialty DSP (#117390)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Flower Burst Embosslits Die (#114515); Finial Press Embossing Folder (#115963); Sponge Daubers (#102892); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle XL Punch (#119854); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle XL Punch (#118874)
Finish It Up:  Rose Red 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#121884); Glimmer Brights Brads (#121006); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854)
blog signature

12 comments:

Deb said...

Cute card! I do love the ruffled ribbon. That is such a fun technique! And the glimmer brad adds a great touch to your card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Anne Marie said...

Hi Patti! I know the feeling of life getting in the way of creative time! Can't there be a few more hours in the day? :) Your card is gorgeous! Love the color combo and all of the pretty texture you added. The single glimmer brad is the perfect finishing touch, too! Love it! :)

Debbie Martin said...

Love this paper! I really love your card, and you have given me some ideas. TFS
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Mary Brown said...

I love how you changed the square elements to circles and that ruffled ribbon is just delightful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Ann Schach said...

I would never have thought to pair these colors together, yet they work well to make a gorgeous card! I love the texture!

MarĂ­a said...

Love the layout, I will have to try the color combination!! TFS :)

~Erica~ said...

Wow! The glimmer mist really added a nice finish! Beautiful! Thanks for playing at CCMC!

Yolanda said...

I for one missed ya! I love the card you came back with though. Beautiful!! I really like that glimmer brad in the middle, and then the words on each side. Very nice! TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Dale Morin said...

I love this! It's bright and cheery. These colors are great together. I know exactly what you mean about life getting in the way! I think we should have a few hours extra a day for those who want to create! Others can sleep!

Lisa said...

Great color combo. Pretty card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

n8tvtexan said...

Great card! I LOVE pink and orange together. Following you from SC. http://n8tvtexan.blogspot.com/

Terry and Shirley SU said...

Love the ribbon on this card! I hope you'll play with our A La Card Monkey Nature challenge this week! I'm already a follower!

Terry
http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com