Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thanks Always

I'm always thankful for all of you who stop by to visit my blog and leave comments.  The card today is inspired by two challenges:  Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge #44 and Friday Mashup Sketch Challenge #36.  The inspiration challenge has a quiet elegance to it and I hope I captured that with my card.

My base is Certainly Celery card stock.  I added a strip of Soft Suede cardstock and designer series paper to Old Olive card stock and attached Certainly Celery striped ribbon with a knot tied on one end.  This whole layer was adhered to the card front.  The image from Always Elegant stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla with the Old Olive craft spot and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I rounded the corners with the Corner punch.  The image was matted with a piece of Old Olive card stock.  Thanks from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set was stamped on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla with Old Olive ink, punched out with one end of the Decorative Label punch, and attached to the back of the image layer.  I then popped up the whole layer with dimensionals on the card.  Pearls were added to give it a little "class".  We will be making this card in a class I'm having this weekend.  Have a great Tuesday.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Always Elegant (w-#116976/c-#120477); Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  Old Olive (#1022770; Brights Craft Stampin' Spots (#119718)
Card Stock/Paper:  Certainly Celery (#105125); Old Olive (#100702); Soft Suede (#115318); Very Vanilla (#101650); Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack (#117157)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Decorative Label Punch (#120907); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Block A (#118487)
Finish It Up:  Certainly Celery 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (#1197710; Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)  

20 comments:

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love this card!! Very Elegant looking!

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is so elegant! First of all that color combo is so beautiful! The image and DSP compliment wach other so well and the pearls are a perfect, delicate accent. I just got this set during SAB. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Very pretty! :)

"Michey" said...

Gorgeous card!

Terry Blais said...

Beautiful card! Simple and sophisticated. Thanks for playing along with our Friday Mashup! sketch this week.

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Beautiful and elegant. Love the pearls. Wonderful job on both challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Stampin' Celebration Challenge!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

This is such a gorgeous card Patti. Looks like you really nailed both the SCIC and the Mashup challenges. TFS!

Candace Lawlor said...

What a lovely card. Great job combining the challenges. Thanks for playing along at the SCIC this week!

Shari Winterstein said...

I love this card - especially the colors you've chosen, so soft and elegant and that pearl on the peak of the Thanks - nice! :))))) Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

This card is elegant! Love it! Love the pearls. Nice touch. TFS

MarĂ­a said...

very pretty card and the use of the ribbon. TFS

Crystal said...

Patty. This card is goooorgeous! Oh, so pretty, and soft and...well, you captured exactly what you tried for - good job! :) tfs

Holly said...

Great take on the sketch! I love the elegant look of it.. And I have to say that Owl on your Blog Header is too cute! Thanks for joining us at The Mashup!

Ann Schach said...

Classy and elegant, Patti! I love the color combination that you used!

Allison said...

Pretty card! I like the knot in the ribbon. Great combination of challenges too. Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Celebration!

Rose Castillo said...

Very Pretty!

Cori said...

What an elegant card! I love the pearls and your little sentiment peeking out! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

Sheri - confessed craftaholic said...

So pretty. I used that set for my daughter's wedding invitation and it's so nice to see it in another color combination. Thanks for visiting/following my blog. Now I'm following you! :)

www.AvenueofArt.com said...

Love the ribbon treatment. Great card! Your wedding card is really elegant, too! - Micki (I am following now)
Visit my "Avenue of Art" www.AvenueofArt.com

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Very Beautiful Card! I love the pearls on the image! great touch. Thanks for joining us at friday mashup, and thank you for using you mashup banner on your blog post!!

Hugs
Shirley
www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

Carrie Sampsel said...

What a beautiful Card. I love the layout and the colors. I will have to give give those challenges a try. TFS.
www.carriesscrapyard.com