Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Triple Lattice


Good Monday to all!  I enjoy working from challenges; they are always a good jumping off point.  Today I chose two to light a spark under my mojo:  Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge Challenge #57 and Create with Connie and Mary #140 Sketch Challenge.  The In Colors are such terrific ones to work with but even though I found them to be more of a challenge than I thought, I managed to pull them together  to satisfy me.  You can also see that I changed up the circle in the sketch with the lattice die cut.
 
My card base is Poppy Parade card stock.  I ran a piece of Pear Pizzazz through the Big Shot using a Texturz Plate and added it to the front of the card stock.  I ran one piece each of Sunny Garden designer series paper, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride card stock through the Big Shot with the Lattice Bigz Die.  Using liquid glue, I overlapped them staggering each layer a little.  A bow was made with Pear Pizzazz ribbon and the tails weaved through the bottom of the lattice.  I attached a piece of Blushing Bride card stock behind the bow and lattice and adhered the whole thing to the front of the card.  The flowers were made with the Boho Blossoms punch, the retired spring flower bouquet punch and Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride and Poppy Parade card stock.  I added Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride brads to the center of each flower and attached them to the lattice with glue dots.  Some cheerful colors to hopefully encourage spring to come quickly.  I recently posted my 100th blog so sometime in the next couple of days I will be offering some blog candy to celebrate.  Check back and take a chance at winning.  See you then.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Card Stock Confections:  Poppy Parade (#119793); Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Blushing Bride (#119796); Sunny Garden DSP (#119831)
Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Texturz Plates Kit #4 (#114531); Boho Blossoms Extra Large Punch (#119858); Lattice Bigz Die (#115958); Spring Flower Bouquet Punch (retired)
Finish It Up:  Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119265); Glimmer In Color Brads (#121005); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755)

blog signature

20 comments:

Julia said...

You did a great job with these colors. I really like how you wove the ribbon through the lattice -- how clever of you!

MarĂ­a said...

Nice display of the color challenge!

Debbie Martin said...

I like these colors. I have that die, but never used it...TFS
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

stampinbygenny said...

Patti,

I love how you used the lattice and added the flowers. Wonderful use of the colors. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Rose said...

Hi Patti! What a fun card! I like the way you looped the ribbon through the trellis! Thanks for playing at HSS this week! ;)

Penny Hanuszak said...

What an intricate card Patti. Very lovely and I like the color combo! TFS.

Dale Morin said...

Patti, I love it! I have that die but don't use it all that often. I just might have to CASE your card. TFS

Shannon said...

Patti, this is so pretty! Love the triple lattice and how you ran the ribbon through the bottom. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

Debbie Henderson said...

You are so clever Patti! That ribbon is adorable and love how you layered your lattice! Thanks for playing with us at CCMC!

Yolanda said...

That is really pretty! I hadn't thought much of that lattice die, but it's so nice on your card. I love everything about it. I've still not used my in colors, I'm gonna have to give it a shot. TFS. yolanda-tryingtobecreative.blogspot.com

Patty Mickle said...

Your card is very pretty, Patty! I love the colors.

Deb said...

This is so pretty! I love this! I love how you layered the lattice die cuts! And the colors are beautiful together! Super job! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is so fun! Awesome way to showcase the color combo and I love how the ribbon is woven through the die, too. Very cool! The glimmer brads are the perfect addition. Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...how creative is this! I would have never thought to weave the ribbon through the lattice! Congrats on your 100th post!

Stephanie Uzee said...

Congrats on the 100th Blog Post! I love the layered Lattice Die and the Ribbon going through the Lattice is just Genius!!

Crystal said...

What fun! I like the multiple layers of lattice! :) tfs

Mary Brown said...

LOVE how you used the lattice on this! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cool way to layer the lattice die! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa said...

OK, love how you layered the lattice pieces. Love how you put the ribbon through the lattice pieces. Just LOVE this card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow this card is cool! I love what you did with the Lattice Die!