Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wedding Bliss

My brother-in-law got married recently and this is the card I made for them.  This card is larger than the normal A2 size.  I bought larger envelopes a while ago specifically for the purpose of wedding/special occasion cards.

The card base is Very Vanilla textured card stock.  I added a layer of Very Vanilla smooth card stock that I ran through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  The image from the Bliss stamp set was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with VersaMark and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  The flower from the same stamp set was stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Elegant Eggplant craft spot, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and cut out with the Paper Snips.  I added a silver glimmer brad to the center of the flower and attached it to the image with a dimensional.  The image layer was matted with Elegant Eggplant card stock and added to the center of the embossed layer with dimensionals.  A clean and simple card but the Very Vanilla embossed layer on the Very Vanilla base adds an elegant as well as the silver embossing.    Have a wonderful Sunday.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Bliss (Sale-a-Bration-free with $50 purchase)
Irresistible Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717)
Card Stock Confections:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Elegant Eggplant (#105126); Very Vanilla Textured (#119951)
Terrific Tools:  big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Framed Tulip Embossing Folder (#121809); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131);  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Glimmer Basics Brads (#121003); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130)  
blog signature

11 comments:

Paula Stewart said...

Very elegant! I like!

Dale Morin said...

Just beautiful! I am going to be very sorry to see this set go! Love your card.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! So classy and elegant!

Debbie Martin said...

Very nice, looks like whisper white in your picture. Now I wish I had bought all of the craft inks. TFS
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Penny Hanuszak said...

Truly elegant card. I really like the Very Vanilla on Very Vanilla.......it looks quite regal. TFS.

Patty Mickle said...

Your card is so pretty and elegant! I really like it. TFS!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a very striking card. I like that you made it larger than the normal A2. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Anne Marie said...

Such an elegant card, Patti! I reallly like that you made it larger then a standard size. It really makes that embossed frame stand out. Just beautiful! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty!

Crystal said...

OOoh, so elegant and pretty! LOVE how you did the center - love it! :) tfs

Diane said...

Elegant is indeed the word. Love it. The Framed Tulips embossing border is perfect for this card. My mother just asked me to make her a set of all occasion cards. You have totally inspired me. I'll be CASE-ing this one for sure. Thanks for sharing!