Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Butterfly Note Tote

Today I have a 3-D project I created.  It's a little out of my norm.  This tutorial has been sitting in my work area for over a year.  I adapted it from one I saw on this post on Patty Bennett's blog.  My tote and cards are a little smaller than hers.  The 4 Crafty Chicks Inspiration Challenge #32 and The Friday Mashup Challenge #1-Butterflies with Dimension were used to get my creative juices flowing.

The tote has two pockets inside.  Each one holds two 3" x 3" cards and two envelopes.  I created the envelopes from the Blueberry Crisp designer series paper.  Even though there are no butterflies in the inspiration photo, I  can imagine that field of flowers must have them flying around somewhere.  The butterflies were made either with the Butterfly Punch or the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.  The colors I chose based on the photo were Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Rich RazzleberrySahara Sand was my neutral color.  I embossed both sides of the tote with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and added some rhinestones to bling it up a bit. 
I also spritzed the butterflies on the tote with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol.  I made each card with a different color card base and varied the butterfly theme on them all.  I used the Daffodil Delight ribbon to keep the tote together at the top.  There are a lot of butterflies in this project so I probably will stay away from that subject for a while.  This would make a great hostess gift or door prize at a class.  The note cards are probably too small to mail but could certainly be used along with a gift or just a quick note to a friend or co-worker.  Have a great rest of your day.  See you soon.
blog signature

14 comments:

Julie B said...

Cute set! Love all the bling on the butterflies!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Thanks Patti for this post. This would be a great little hostess gift or to accompany my mom's Mother's Day card. She loves butterflies as do I and this is really a cute way to showcase them.

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow - you were creative! I love everything about this project and my sister-in-law would steal it because of all the butterflies! Thanks for blessing my day.

Always Playing with Paper said...

Yeah Patti! I love this little note tote! Such a clever way to show off the butterflies. Happy you could join us at the Friday Mashup!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a great idea! Love the gentle "bling" butterflies. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a fantastic tote and cards! I love all the butterflies, you did a great job with everything!! Thank you so much for joining us over at The Friday Mashup!

Holly said...

What a fun project.. I love all those bright colors and butterflies of course! And is that some sparkle I see? Thanks for Playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

Wow! What a great project! Great way to carry some cute cards! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! What a fabulous project! You can't beat butterflies and bling!

MarĂ­a said...

What a lovely projects!!! TFS :)

Dale Morin said...

What a great project! Love what you did. I am really loving all the butterflies we have available to us and I liked how you used them. TFS

Lori said...

OMGOSH Patti! This is so neat :) I agree with Ann, you can never go wrong with butterflies and/or bling! WTG girl...thanks for playing with 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Michey said...

Goodness, I adore this set soooo much! I love how everything coordinates and the attention to detail is really top notch. <3 this so much!

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is fabulous! The color combo is wonderful and every single detail you added to both the cards and the box is perfect. Look at all that pretty bling you used, too! *sigh* Love it!! I have to try this out! :)