Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Wishes

Happy Easter to you all.  Today we honor the sacrifice our Savior Jesus made for our eternal salvation and forgiveness of our sins.  I pray you are all enjoying this joyous holiday with family and friends.

When I saw this post on Dannie Graves' blog, I just had to recreate the bunny.  I combined her ideas and this tutorial she recommended.
I also challenged myself with the Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge #147 and 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #34 - Easter.

The card base is Crumb Cake card stock.  Using the Big Shot and the Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die, I cut out four rectangles from Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, Garden Green and Crumb Cake card stock.  I added three "eggs" to each rectangle punched out with the 3/4" x 15/16" Oval punch from the same four colors as well as Blueberry Crisp and Woodland Walk designer papers.  I attached the four rectangles to Very Vanilla card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder that gave me the embedded embossing effect.  I added Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green and Crumb Cake brads and adhered the whole layer to the card front.  I followed the tutorial for making the bunny improvising on the feet and the ears.  I don't have the small oval punch so I punched out the feet with the 2" x 1-3/8" Oval punch and flattened his feet with Paper Snips.  The Pretty in Pink inner ear was punched with the 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch once and then re-punched on the opposite side to give it a narrower appearance.  I sponged around all his body parts with Soft Suede ink, around his eyes with Tempting Turquoise ink, and around his nose and inner ear with Pretty in Pink ink.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was punched on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Soft Suede ink.  I cut one end to make it look like a banner and attached it under the arm of the bunny.  The bunny was added to the card front with dimensionals.  He was fun to make and I'm sure he will show up on cards in the future.  Enjoy your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Soft Suede (#115657); Tempting Turquoise (#100814); Pretty in Pink (#101301); Soft Suede Marker (#120973)
Card Stock/Paper:  Very Vanilla (#101650); Crumb Cake (#120953); Pretty in Pink (#100459); Not Quite Navy (#101722); Cajun Craze (#119684); Garden Green (#102584); Basic Black (#121045); Blueberry Crisp DSP (#117392); Woodland Walk (#117389)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); 2"x1-3/8" Oval XL Punch (#119859); 1-3/4"x7/8" Oval Large Punch (#119855); Ornament Extra-Large Punch (#119847); Two-Step Bird Extra Large Punch (#117191); Two-Step Owl Extra-Large Punch (#118074); Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die (#118872); 3/4"x15/16" Oval Medium Punch (#120908); White uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (#105021); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Regals Brads (#119737); Neutrals Brads (#119736)

blog signature

10 comments:

Dale Morin said...

How adorable. I keep forgetting about the rectangle clearlits. It's perfect for this card.

Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter. It's a day to celebrate.

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is too cute! I love the sweet character yo added to the little bunny's face! Awww! Love the great design, too. Have a very Happy Easter today! :)

PS: Please stop by my blog and visit the post dated 4/23. ;)

Deb said...

This bunny is one of the cutest I have seen! I love him!! (or her - lol) I love the inlay embossing on your card and you did a great job of making different designs on your eggs! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lori said...

Super cute Easter card Patti! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

Happy Easter!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute card, love that Easter Bunny! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Tamie said...

Yours is the first Easter card using this fabby technique and I just love it! Love the dimension. THanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Happy Easter!

Lisa said...

Adorable punched bunny! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is just too cute! Love it!

Mary Brown said...

OH my...TOTALLY sweet bunny card! LOVE it!

Thanks for playing along with this on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

Happy Easter Patti. Your little bunny is the cutest! Thanks for playing CCMC!