Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Showered With Love

On Saturday I went to a bridal shower for my future daughter-in-love.  What a lovely afternoon.  Her sister "showered" her with love and a great time that we all shared.  This is the card I made although I wasn't as happy with it as I would have liked.  Of course, I'm a last-minute kind of person; I think I work better under pressure.  Unfortunately, I was sick Thursday and still not myself on Friday so I went to a go-to design that I knew I could put together quickly.


The card base is Brushed Silver card stock.  I added a layer of Brushed Silver after I embossed it with the Big Shot and one of the embossing plates from the Texturz Plates Kit #4.  Two pieces of Concord Crush ribbon were added to the embossed layer and the layer was then adhered to the card front.  The image from the Just Believe stamp set was stamped on Concord Crush card stock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice.  I rounded the corners of the image layer as well as the mat of Whisper White card stock with the Corner Punch.  I layered the image on the Whisper White and attached it to the front of the card with dimensionals.  Two butterflies from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die were added with mini glue dots.  A rhinestone was added to each for a little more bling.  Four silver glimmer brads were attached to the ribbon with dimensionals after snipping off the braddy thingies.  On the inside I stamped another image from the Just Believe stamp set as well as two words from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  To make it easy to line them up, I put them both on a clear block and stamped them at the same time.  That is a great advantage to using the clear stamps - being able to stamp two or more images or words at the same time.  I finished on time so I didn't have to take it in the car and finish it when I got there.  I did do another fun card for her and my son.  Check back tomorrow to see what I did with the Stampin' Up! recordable card.  Hope the sun is shining where you are; gloomy day here.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Just Believe (w-#116948/c-#120453); Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283); Concord Crush (#119785)
Card Stock:  Brushed Silver (#100712); Whisper White (#100730); Concord Crush (#119792)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (#118138); Texturz Plates Kit #4 (#114531); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867)
Finish It Up:  Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (#101930); Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119266); Glimmer Basic Brads (#121003); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683) 
blog signature

8 comments:

Michey said...

This card is beautiful, so quit worrying your pretty little head ;-) I adore the way the brushed silver CS works with the textures! Such a pretty, pretty card!

Chanda Stehlik said...

Patti, this is so pretty! How sweet of you to call her your daughter-in-love! That sounds so affectionate! (Unless that was a typo and now I feel like a heel, LOL!)
I think the card turned out great! I love the sparkle!
Hope you're feeling better!
~Chanda

Sylvia said...

Hi Patti! You sound like me. It is hard to schedule anything ahead of time. I am always last minute! This is a beautiful card. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments. Hope the wedding is as lovely as the card! Congrats!

Shari Winterstein said...

Oh Patty, this is so pretty. I wish I could have seen it in person. I love the silver on silver. I'm really getting into putting the same color layer on things. I'm sure your new "daughter" loved it and along with already loving you. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

Such a beautiful card!!! Love those colors together.

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Patti! The butterflies are the perfect touch!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Very elegant card. I really like the way you've used the glimmer brads. It's very beautiful. Hope you're feeling better and you had a fun time!

Anne Marie said...

So pretty, Patti! I love the butterflies and all of the gorgeous shimmer and shine. I hope the weather is better there today for you! :)