Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Would You Believe Christmas?

Yes, I know, Easter was just here.  But, when I saw the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge #90, I thought of the stamp set Word Play to use in the circle.  The Christmas sentiment spoke to me so I went with it.  You can never start too early to make your Christmas cards right?


My card base is Soft Suede card stock.  A piece of Always Artichoke card stock's edges were distressed using the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit and then sponged with Soft Suede ink.  It was then added to the card front.  I took a piece of the retired Deck the Halls designer paper and spritzed it with Soft Suede ink using the Color Spritzer Tool and the Soft Suede marker.  This is one technique that I need to work on A LOT.  The edges were sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I rounded the bottom corners and matted the designer paper with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock whose bottom corners were also rounded.  Three Cherry Cobbler brads were added in one corner and the layer was adhered to the card front.  Another piece of the designer paper was matted with Cherry Cobbler and adhered to the front.  The sentiment from the Word Play stamp set was stamped on the same designer paper in Always Artichoke ink and punched out with the 1-3/4" Circle punch.  I matted it with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock that I cut out with the Circle Scissors Plus.  I made a little bow using Cherry Cobbler ribbon and added it to the center of the ornament in the sentiment.  A Cherry Cobbler brad was added and the image layer was popped up on the front using dimensionals.  I know you're probably thinking "what is she doing?" but I go wherever my muse takes me.  Plus, I have one card ready for the end of the year.  Have a wonderful day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Ink:  Soft Suede (#115657); Always Artichoke Ink Pad (#105219); Soft Suede Marker (#120973)
Card Stock/Paper:  Soft Suede (#115318); Always Artichoke (#105119); Cherry Cobbler (#119685); Deck the Halls DSP (retired)
Tools:  3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); Cutter Kit (#106958); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066); Stamping Sponges (#101610); 1-3/4" Circle Extra Large Punch (#119850)
Finish It Up:  Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (#120992); Regals Brads (#119737)
blog signature

8 comments:

Pam~ said...

Stunning card and you're right, never too early to start those Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Dale Morin said...

Beautiful card. Now you have a head start for this year!

Debbie Martin said...

Very pretty, I am thinking Christmas also for my card buffet. TFS

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Patti! Be still my heart...you have used Deck the Halls! I have the remainder of my stash locked in the vault, only removed periodically for me to touch and utter, "My pretties!" This is GORGEOUS, clean and classy!

LeAnne said...

Lovely card--I always try to do at least one Christmas card a week! This is a perfect use of these papers and sentiment! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week with this beauty!

Penny Hanuszak said...

I love it when people are ahead of the game. After all yesterday Christmas was only 8 months away. Beautiful card and I love that paper..... it's still gorgeous!

Patty Mickle said...

Very pretty Christmas card, Patti. I have been thinking of having my stamp club make a Christmas card each month. Thanks for the inspiration.

Twila said...

Patti, I love you idea for the card sketch. Very pretty.