Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

You're In My Thoughts

When I saw this stamp set, the first thing that popped into my head was an idea for this card.  I used the Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #67 and the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #91 - Buttons.  I am also entering it (at the last possible minute) in the So Shelli Blog Challenge for April.  Two things I always associate with springtime are the returning birds and the blooming of flowers.  I am not a real cat lover (I leave that up to my youngest sister) but the images were so cute I couldn't resist this one.

Rose Red card stock was used as the base.  I added a layer of So Saffron to the front.  A small layer of Tempting Turquoise was added next.  I took two strips of Wild Wasabi and cut into one edge of each with Paper Snips to make the grass.  I added one row of grass near the bottom of the turquoise card stock.  I stamped the cat and the birds from the Touch of Kindness stamp set on watercolor paper with StazOn ink.  I water colored them using the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter.  I punched out the birds and bird bath with the oval punch and cut out the cat with the paper snips.  The oval image was matted with a Tempting Turquoise punched out oval.  It was cut in half and adhered to the upper and lower edge of the image.  A piece of Very Vanilla card stock was matted with Rose Red card stock.  The flowers were punched out of Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red and So Saffron card stock with the small scallop punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  The clear scallop buttons were added and a thin sliver of the card stock was put through the holes to simulate thread.  I added the buttons to the Very Vanilla layer with glue dots and hand drew the stems and leaves with a Wild Wasabi marker.  This layer was added to the card.  I popped up the birds and the cat with dimensionals on this layer also.  I then added the second row of grass with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Three Little Words stamp set was stamped on So Saffron with Basic Gray ink and punched out with the Modern Label punch.  I punched out a piece of Rose Red card stock with the same punch, cut it in half, attached it to the ends of the So Saffron, added two Tempting Turquoise brads and attached it using dimensionals.  I know the kitty is just day dreaming about these little fellows; don't we all do a little day dreaming once in a while?  Have a great weekend.  I hope the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the flowers blooming where you are.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Sets:  Touch of Kindness (w-#123201/c-#123203); Three Little Words (#113254)
Irresistible Ink:  Jet Black StazOn (#101406); Wild Wasabi Marker (#120975); Basic Gray (#109120)
Card Stock Confections:  Rose Red (#102544); So Saffron (#105118); Tempting Turquoise (#102067); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Very Vanilla (#101650); Watercolor Paper (#105019)
Terrific Tools:  2"x1-3/8" Oval Extra Large Punch (#119859); Modern Label Extra Large Punch (#119849); Paper Snips (#103579); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Subtles Watercolor Wonder Crayons (#120949); Brights Watercolor Wonder Crayons (#119804); Neutrals Watercolor Wonder Crayons (#119805); Aqua Painter (#103954)
Finish It Up:  Bitty Buttons (#118761); Brights Brads (#119740); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)  
blog signature

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Cute use of the thought bubble and sketch :) Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirations this week.

Libby Streed said...

Really cute card that is sure to put a smile on anyone's face. All of the elements are whimsical and the colors you used emphasize the fun in this piece.

Melanie C said...

Very cute and funny!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Debbie Martin said...

Thanks, Patti, now I have to buy this stamp set also. LOL Great job!
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Patti! This is so cute! I used this set for my next PPA card...but I love what you did with it so much better than what I came up with! This is so creative!

Anne Marie said...

Oh Patti, you are such an enabler! I didn't think I needed this set but this is just too much fun! Love how you ut it all together. Thanks for the smile! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Toooooo cute!!!!