Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Blinged out Fun Flower

Wow how fast the time flies.  It's almost a week since I've posted here.  My card today is based on the A La Card Monkey Challenge 55 and the Colour Q 84 Challenge.

I used Crumb Cake for the base.  I matted a piece of Elegant Soirée designer paper with Very Vanilla card stock and adhered it to the card front.  I punched a strip of Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Not Quite Navy card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and
overlapped them to make a wide strip and attached them to the card.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped on  Daffodil Delight.  It was punched out using the Decorative Label punch.  I turned it around, re-inserted it into the punch and punched again.  (Hint:  If the original punched piece is too short to be able to punch when you turn it around and it slips around, I add a strip of scrap card stock using removable adhesive and it acts like a "handle" so you can re-punch the sentiment or image.  Hope that makes sense).  I punched a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock with the Decorative Label punch, cut the top and bottom off and matted it to the sentiment.  I snipped off the two little points on each side.  With the Crop-a-Dile, I punched two holes, inserted a small piece of Old Olive taffeta ribbon, and tied a single knot.  This was attached to the card with dimensionals.  I ran a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock through the Big Shot using the Fun Flowers Bigz L DieDaffodil Delight was cut out using the same die but only cutting out the two smaller flowers.  The small scallop circle was cut out using Not Quite Navy and the same die.  I sponged the edges of the largest piece, the small yellow piece and the small scallop with Not Quite Navy ink.  It was difficult to get between the petals with a dauber so, since I don't like the little "q-tips" that come with the pastels, I grabbed one of those to get into the hard-to-reach areas.  On the small piece of Daffodil Delight, I used the 2-Way Glue Pen along all the edges and added Dazzling Diamonds to really bling it up.  I stamped the leaves/petals from the Build a Blossom stamp set with Old Olive ink on Old Olive card stock and punched them out with the Blossom Petals punch.  I slightly curled the petals of the flowers.  I layered the flower parts, added the small scallop circle in the center, and inserted a yellow brad from the Circle Fire Rhinestone brads.  I attached the leaves to the back of the flower and popped it up on the card front with dimensionals.  To add a little more shine, I added rhinestones to the tips of the center layer.  I enjoyed working with this color combination (even though I added a little Very Vanilla).  Nice to be back with you all.  I hope you are enjoying as lovely a day as we have here.  Maybe spring has finally arrived.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Build a Blossom (w-#121923/c-#121994); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Irresistible Ink:  Not Quite Navy (#103008); Old Olive (#102277)
Card Stock Confections:  Crumb Cake (#120953); Not Quite Navy (#101722); Old Olive (#100702); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Very Vanilla (#101650); Elegant Soirée (#117163)
Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Fun Flowers Bigz L Die (#121812); Blossom Petals Extra Large Punch (#121808); Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (#119275); Decorative Label Punch (#120907); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamons Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (#109110); Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119256); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)


blog signature

10 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Patti, That is a great card! Love all the colors and layout.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great card Patti. Love the colors and border punches. Glad you didn't lose this one with Blogger down. Same thing happened to mine and I though "oh no" have to do it again. Whew much relief when it popped up the next day.

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great card and love the sparkly! :)))) I wish that I could contact someone at our blog "company" as I can't stay signed in. Every time I upload a card and go to see it totally finished, I have to sign back in. Can't do much changing in Preview. Thanks for blessing my day and letting me complain. LOL :))))

LeAnne said...

Cute card---that Card Monkey sketch is perfect for your flower! Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

Sylvia said...

Pretty birthday card, Patti! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Anne Marie said...

Wowza, Patti! Love how you used the colors and the blossom punch and the die cut flowers together, too. That is one fab flower, for sure!! :)

Christina said...

Such a fun, bold flower! Love the bits of bling you added, and the layered punched borders. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! I love the bling on this flower! What an eye-catching card!

Crafty Crystal's Corner said...

Your card is just lovely...you are so sweet to come by my blog regularily and it has taken me forever to find out how to get to your ( and others ) from the comments left....yes I know I am slow. You are favorited now and I will be back

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Love this card too! :) Love the colors on it.