Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Cross

This is the card I made for my youngest sister who was coming for dinner on Easter Sunday.  I wanted to try this cross since I first saw it on Dawn Olchefske's blog.  She has a video tutorial on how to make this.  Super easy.

I made an easel card using Perfect Plum card stock as the base.  The cross was made with Elegant Eggplant card stock that was run through the Big Shot using the Lattice Bigz die.  I added that to a piece of River Rock card stock that was embossed using the Big Shot and one of the Texturz Plates.  This layer was matted with Melon Mambo and Elegant Eggplant card stock and added to the "stand up" part of the easel card.  I layered strips of River Rock and Elegant Eggplant card stocks and a piece of retired Melon Mambo ribbon and added them to the card.  The sentiment from the Easter Blossoms stamp set was stamped on River Rock card stock with the Elegant Eggplant Stampin' Spot and heat embossed it with the Heat Tool and clear embossing powder.  It was punched out with the oval punch and matted with Elegant Eggplant that was also punched out with the same punch, cut in half and added to the sides of the sentiment.  This was added to the strip of card stocks with dimensionals and acts as a prop for the easel part of the card.  I added pearls to the cross, sentiment and the ribbon.  This was an easy card to put together but I really like the clean look that subtly implies the message of the day.  Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.  Be blessed.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Super Stamp Set:  Easter Blossoms (w-#121905/c-#122057)
Irresistible Ink:  Elegant Eggplant (#105210); Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717)
Card Stock Confections:  Elegant Eggplant (#105126); Melon Mambo (#115320); Perfect Plum (#101889); River Rock (#108640)
Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Lattice Bigz Die (#115958); Texturz Plates Kit #4 (#114531); 2"x1-3/8" Oval Extra Large Punch (#119859); Paper Snips (#103579); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Melon Mambo Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)
blog signature

6 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

What a lovely Easter card. I especially like the pearls on the cross and the fact that you made it an easel card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ann Schach said...

I love the simplicity of this card, Patti, as well as the color combination! How clever to make it into an easel card!

Dale Morin said...

Your card is beautiful.

Anne Marie said...

Hi Patti! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your color choices and how you turned it into an easel card. The pearls are such a beautiful accent. :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

WOW!! I love this card!! Beautiful!!!

Chanda Stehlik said...

This is soooo pretty! I love that cross! It works really well with the easel card, too! Nice colors and layout! TYFS! ~Chanda