Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Remembering Edge

I like the challenge at A La Card Monkey Challenge #54, but had a tough time deciding what stamps to use.  I put it on the brain back burner for later.  We haven't had a dog ruling our roost for a very long time so when our niece got a boxer (our favorite breed of dog), we lived vicariously through him even though he lived 8 hours away.  Sadly, Edge had to be put to sleep earlier this year at six years old when he couldn't battle the cancer anymore.  I decided to do a scrapbook page in his memory.  I used the colors from the Rubber Redneck Color Roundup Challenge #32.  The So Shelli Challenge this month is scrapbook spreads whether traditional, digital or a mixture and I will add this to her challenge.
 
My page was done with the digital scrapbooking software My Digital Studio.  I never did any scrapbooking the "normal" way but I really enjoy doing it on the computer.  I like the convenience of using digital photos and I don't have to print them out.  This photo of Edge was taken at his grammy's house.  She has a nice big picture window that he could look out of when he got up on the couch and rested his "elbows" on the back of it.  The background color is Cherry Cobbler.  The circle is Marina Mist designer paper matted with Always Artichoke.  Edge's name is the Schoolbook Serif stamp brush set that I made Whisper White and added a drop shadow.  I added a piece of Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon and four rows of the Scallop Edge Punch in Always Artichoke, Marina Mist, Cajun Craze and Whisper White.  Black Glimmer Brads were added to the scallops.  The sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp brush set is added to the Full Heart punch that was matted with Basic Black.  I changed the color of the sentiment to Cherry Cobbler.  He was a sweet dog and I'm sure my niece and her husband miss him a lot.  But with a new little baby girl (the human kind) in the house, I'm sure that has helped soften the loss.  And before you know it, she'll be able to climb on grammy's couch and watch the world go by from the big picture window.
blog signature

10 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Oh Patti, what a great page to pay tribute to Edge. What a sweet face! Great color combo and I really like the layered punches you used in MDS. :)

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Patti! What a wonderful tribute to Edge! It truly touched my heart.

Terry and Shirley SU said...

This is such a sweet tribute. You did a great job with MDS. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge!

Hugs,

Terry

Patty Mickle said...

I love your pages but am sad about the dog in a way only a dog lover can understand. TFS!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Love your page. Boxers are my favorite dog too. Edge was beautiful and the page is such a great tribute. It's so sad when we lose a pet. WOW on all the challenges you did with just one page. You go girl!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a sweet tribute to Edge. I love his picture. All the elements fit so beautifully on this page. This page will be a big hit for Shelli's challenge. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patti I love this!!! Great tribute to Edge!! Such a cute face! Thanks for playing along in the Color Round Up!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patti this is a wonderful page and you truly did the Ala Card Monkeys challenge to the hilt. I love the picture of Edge and how you've curved his name around the picture. I love the scalloped layers too. I bet Edge loved you as much as you loved him........it truly is a nice tribute!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

What a cute page. It looks like Edge is looking at some birds or something. I love the scallops with the glitter brads. I am sure Shelli is going to love it too. Thanks for having fun with us at A La Card Monkey!

Hugs
Shirley

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Congrats Patti!! You won the Color Round Up #32!!! Thanks for playing along!!!