Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Tri-Fold Thank You

Today's card is a clean and simple card I created for a class.  I've learned that unless you have experienced stampers in a class, keep the projects easy and not too time consuming.  I used two challenges for this card:  The Paper Players Challenge #45 and the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #92.

My card is a tri-fold.  The Poppy Parade base was cut at 4-1/4" x 11" and scored on both ends at 2" and 3-3/4".  I added a piece of Sunny Garden designer paper to each side of the front.  The bird parts were punched out of Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz card stock and Sunny Garden designer paper with the Two-Step Bird punch.  I sponged around the edges of the bird with Poppy Parade ink.  I attached them to a piece of Peach Parfait card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The edges
were sponged with Poppy Parade ink.  I matted this layer with Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, and Poppy Parade card stock.  It was attached with dimensionals to the left panel only so that the card can be opened.  A piece of Peach Parfait was added to the inside.  I stamped a sentiment from the Thank You Kindly
stamp set inside.  This is a quick and easy card but makes a lovely way to say thanks to someone.  Enjoy your weekend.







Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamps:  Thank You Kindly (#111700)
Ink:  Poppy Parade (#119782)
Card Stock/Papers:  Poppy Parade (#119793); Peach Parfait (#119794); Pear Pizzazz (#119795); Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper (#119831)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Two-Step Bird Extra-Large Punch (#117191); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) 
blog signature

11 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Patti, this is fabulous! I love the embedded embossing! What a way to combine challenges! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts and with The Paper Players!

Rita said...

Adorable! I love your color combination and that bird is just too cute! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week. :)

Anonymous said...

love the bird! the site looks great. nice tribute to edge too.

Love,

Mark

Linda Callahan said...

So many wonderful elements! Love the fold, the embossing and that DSP!

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow Patti - this is a fabulous card, so striking. Love how you used the bird punch and the bright colors. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Melanie C said...

Very creative. Great job with the color challenge. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Chanda Stehlik said...

This came out so pretty, Patti! I love that paper! I think I have it...I should use it, lol! Thanks for your kind comments on my cards. I got that paper ribbon idea from PattiStamps, I believe. You just use twice as much length as your card is wide. Soften it up with your bone folder on both sides (like you're curling a ribbon), then stick down with sticky strip. Super easy and you have a color to match each project! Have a happy day! ~Chanda

LeAnne said...

Patti, this is an adorable fold! And your bird is cute too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments!!! If you don't mind, I'd like to "borrow" the fold for my next stamp club!

Julie B said...

I love this tri-fold idea - I just might need to borrow that for a future class - Thanks for sharing!

Debbie Olsakovsky said...

Love the trifold with bird punch! May I case? Thanks for following me! I'm following you now too. Your blog layout is great btw.- Debbie O. www.stampingeasy.blogspot.com

Anne Marie said...

Such a fun fold, Patti! I really like the color combo you used..it's so fun and happy! Can't wait to try out this card-style. Thank you so much for the inspiration! :)