Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wedded Bliss

My project and card today are based on the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #67 to create a 3-D project and matching card.  Since our family is in wedding mode with the upcoming marriage of my younger son, the Pals Paper Arts Challenge 93 helped inspire my project.  I got the idea for the gift box from Holly Krautkremer's video tutorial here.

back
The outside of the gift box is made with 4" x 4" coasters.  I added a strip of Sahara Sand card stock embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the Big Shot on the front and back coaster.  The top half of the coaster is a piece of Blushing Bride designer paper.  The sentiment from the retired stamp set Bliss was stamped with Sahara Sand on the designer paper.  The corners were punched with the small corner punch.  All the edges of the paper were sponged with Sahara Sand ink.  The card stock and designer paper were adhered to the two coasters and the corners smoothed out with sanding blocks.  A piece of Whisper White satin ribbon was 
added to the front and back coaster to cover up the seam made from the two papers.  I attached a piece of Blushing Bride ribbon to each of the coasters and then added Sahara Sand card stock that was rounded on all corners and sponged on all edges to both coasters.  The actual box was made using Sahara Sand card stock.  I did change the measurements a little so there was no seam showing on the sides when I put the box together.  After the box was made, I attached the front and back coasters to the box with Sticky Strip.  I made two loops from the Whisper White satin ribbon and the Blushing Bride ribbon and layered them on the front.  The flower was made from Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand and Whisper White card stocks.  An Antique brad was added to the center of the flower and the flower attached to the front with Sticky Strip.  A pearl was added to the center of the brad as well as the top of the front and back coasters.  Pearls were also added along the ribbon on the back of the box.  I tried to match the card as closely as I could to the front of the box using the same embossing folder, stamp set and papers.  I'd love to hear what you think of this project so leave a comment if you'd like.  Enjoy what's left of the weekend and have a great week.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Bliss (w-#123255/c-123240) retired
Ink:  Sahara Sand (#105208); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Paper:  Sahara Sand (#121043); Whisper White (#100730); In Color Patterns DSP (#117158); Blushing Bride (#119796)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Vintgate Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175); Heat Tool (#100005); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Extra Large Punch (#119854); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); Sanding Blocks (#103301); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#114616); Blushing Bride 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119267); Antique Brads (#117273); Basic Pearls (#119247); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Sticky Strip (#104294) 

blog signature

10 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Wow Patti! This is stunning! I just love all of the beautiful detail you added to both the card and the gift box. The bows are so elegant and you couldn't have picked a better color combo for a wedding-themed project. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week, too. Hugs! :)

Melanie C said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the touch of pink. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful details - love the colors! Perfect for a wedding!

Shari Winterstein said...

Oh Patti these are gorgeous. Thanks for blessing my before bed moments. :)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Patti! I love the texture and the colors. The pearls are the perfect touch!

shtale said...

Hello Patti!
Thanks for following me :) Im also your newest follower :) Your projects are awsome :)
Chantal

Jessica said...

Love it!!!! What a great color combo.

inkedx2 said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft colors you used. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Chanda Stehlik said...

Patti, this is just gorgeous! I love your ribbon treatment! So elegant! Thanks for your kind comment on my Fab. Florets card. I totally cased that from Mary Brown, but haven't had time to add links/credit yet. Have a great night! ~Chanda

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patty this is gorgeoussssssss wow!! Thank you for giving me credit on the tutorial too I really appreciate that.