Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Anniversary Wishes

I created this card using two challenges:  Stampin' Royalty Challenge #74 and 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #40 - Anniversary.  I thought the cheerful colors would make for a great anniversary card.

I started with Wild Wasabi card stock for the base.  Another piece of Wild Wasabi was run through the Big Shot using a Texturz Plate.  I sponged around the edges with Wild Wasabi ink and attached it to the card front,  I cut a piece of Woodland Walk 
designer paper using the Big Shot and the Lattice Bigz Die and attached it to a piece of Melon Mambo card stock.  On one edge of the Melon Mambo card stock I added a strip of Daffodil Delight card stock punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped with VersaMark on Daffodil Delight card stock, heat embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder, punched out with the Decorative Label Punch and attached to the back of the Melon Mambo layer.  The flower was made from Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi card stocks and the Fancy Flower punch.  The top flower was sponged with Wild Wasabi ink.  I cut between the petals of the top layer and curled them slightly.  The petals of the Daffodil Delight flower were also curled.  After layering them, I added a retired fabric brad.  The whole layer was adhered to the card front with dimensionals.  I added four little bows of Daffodil Delight ribbon to each corner of the lattice.  I really like the added colors of embossing powders.  It gives creating an added element.  Hope you're enjoying your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Wild Wasabi (#109014); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Paper:  Wild Wasabi (#108641); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Woodland Walk DSP (#117389); Melon Mambo (#115320)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Lattice Bigz Die (#115958); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Fancy Flower Extra-Large Punch (#118073); Decorative Label Punch (#120907); Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119254); Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123223); Sweet Stitches Fabric Designer Brads (#121880) - RETIRED     

8 comments:

Georgeann Manning said...

oh my goodness, how cute those little bows on the corners are! Great use of the colors for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Shari Winterstein said...

Woohoo - this is a wonderful card. I LOOOOOOVE those little bows. Oh my stars - this is so cute. Thanks for blessing my day and waking me up big time just before heading off to bed - LOL! :))

Anne Marie said...

Hi Patti! I absolutely love this card! The colors just pop and the ribbon accents in the corners are the cutest accents, ever! What a great anniversary card! :)

Jenn Picard said...

Love how you used this week's colours! Everything just "pops", and I really love how you used the lattice die and those cute little ribbon accents in the corner are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty

Ann Schach said...

Love the colors, Patti! The bows are the perfect touch!

Tamie said...

Fantastic colors Patti! I just love the lattice you used and added the touch of ribbon in the corners. Your flower is fabby too. Thank you so much for sharing you beautiful work with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Dale Morin said...

Patti, What a great card. Love everything about it. Colors, design and layout, bows, everything!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

This is just a neat looking card! I love all the stuff you did on it!