Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Birthday Pinwheel

Happy weekend everyone.  This is a card I made a while back for a class that got cancelled.

The card base is Pacific Point card stock with a layer of Daffodil Delight card stock added to the front.  To start the pinwheel, I cut two 2-5/8" x 2-5/8" pieces of card stock, one in Pacific Point and one in Melon Mambo.  I overlapped them on the front of the card so that it looked like a star.  Using the now retired Ice Cream Parlor designer paper, I punched out eight pieces with the 1-1/4 Square punch.  Alternating the two different color squares of designer paper, I added them around the star lining them up with the points of the star.  Be sure to leave one side of the first square unattached so that you can slip the last square under it when finishing the pinwheel.  I punched out a piece of Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight card stock with the Boho Blossoms punch and attached them to the center of the pinwheel.  A piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon was tied in the center of a retired Melon Mambo button and adhered to the card front with a glue dot.  The sentiment from the Bring On the Cake stamp set was stamped on a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock.  I matted that with a piece of Pacific Point card stock.  I punched two strips of Melon Mambo card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and added them to the back of the sentiment layer on both long edges.  I attached this to the bottom of the card front.  This is a great way to use up scraps of designer paper and make a quick clean and simple card.  Enjoy your weekend.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamps:  Bring On the Cake (w-#121899/c-#121958)
Ink:  Pacific Point (#111837)
Card Stock/Paper:  Pacific Point (#111350); Melon Mambo (#115320); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Ice Cream Parlor DSP & Quick Accents Pack (#122242) - retired
Tools:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (#119275); Boho Blossoms Extra Large Punch (#119858); 1-1/4" Square Large Punch (#119865)
Finish It Up:  Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119254); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

7 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Great card and other good use for those dsp scraps. Thanks for visiting my blog! I agree with you about using up the old so that we have room for the new.

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow - This card ought to bring happy smiles to the recipient's face. So bright and colorful. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dawn's Creative Chalet said...

That is an adorable card! I want to thank you so much for the sweet post on my blog.. thank you so much for stopping by. I will be adding your blog link to my blog list.. (im a blog hog LOL). Have a great weekend!!!

GimmeMoreStamps said...

Bright and cheery!! Beautiful! TFS and thanks for visiting my blog!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! How cool is this! Thanks for sharing the details!

Patty Mickle said...

This is a very nice card!! Love all the cheery colors!

nitestamper said...

way tooooo ADORABLE!!!!!!
love the colors!!!!!
tfs:)