Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Here Come the Bride & Groom

I have been missing for quite a while but I think I had a good reason.  We had a beautiful wedding last Sunday in Connecticut.  My younger son married his wonderful bride and now this lovely young woman is my daughter.  It was perfect except for the extremely hot weather.  This is the card I made for them.  I apologize for the yellow cast in the photo but I forgot to take a picture before we left home and had to take it in the hotel room; not the best for lighting.  I have seen this type of card on so many different blogs but adapted it to get the result I wanted.

The base is Very Vanilla card stock and larger than the A2 size card.  I added a layer of Very Vanilla card stock that I ran through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The cake stand was drawn free hand (after a number of attempts), cut out of Brushed Silver card stock and attached to the bottom of the polka dot layer.  When I figured out the size of each cake layer, I cut a rectangle out of Very Vanilla card stock and ran it through the Big Shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I then cut each layer the size I wanted.  In order for the design from the embossing folder to line up, I had to be sure I cut the same amount off each side; that was discovered after I cut it wrong a couple of times.   I punched a couple of strips of Very Vanilla card stock with the Scallop Edge Border punch, layered them and added them above the cake stand with dimensionals.  The top corners of each cake layer were rounded and then added to the card front with dimensionals.  A row of flowers punched out of Blushing Bride card stock using the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack were added to the bottom layer.  A scallop edge punched out of Blushing Bride card stock was added to each of the top two layers.  For the bouquet on top, I punched lots of the same flowers out of Very Vanilla and Blushing Bride card stocks, attached them randomly to a circle punched out with the one inch circle punch and attached it to the top of the cake with dimensionals.  As you can see, I added lots of pearls to glam up the cake.  I prettied up the inside of the card but forgot to take a picture of that.  The result was what I was hoping for.  It's good to return to normal after a few busy weeks.  Enjoy your weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Card Stock:  Brushed Silver (#100712); Blushing Bride (#119796); Very Vanilla (#101650)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (#119277); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Paper Snips (#103579); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882); 3/16" Corner Small Punch (#119867); 1" Circle Medium Punch (#119868)
Finish It Up:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

 

9 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Wow that is a Beautiful Wedding Card. I also want to thank you so much for leaving so many sweet comments on my blog!!

Hugs
Shirley

Shari Winterstein said...

Took my breath away! This is a stunning card Thanks for blessing my day and welcome back, I've missed you. :)

Shelie G said...

I agree with Shari and Shirley. It is a beautiful card! I like how you added the pearls to the pedestal. Very nice touch.

Now I wonder if the next comment will be from a person whose name starts with Sh....

Dale Morin said...

Shari said it. It took my breath away too. Fabulous card. It is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on your son's wedding. You were missed but you certainly had a perfect excuse for your absence. Best wishes to the newly weds.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning! The wonderful details were perfect...the scallops, the flowers, the pearls! Truly a masterpiece!

Debbie Martin said...

Love the card Patti!

Anne Marie said...

Welcome back Patti! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at your son's wedding. Your card is beyond stunning! I just love all of the gorgeous texture and those pearls...WOWZA!! Just stunning in every way! :)

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

WOW this card ROCKS!! Great idea!!! Congrats to your son!!

GimmeMoreStamps said...

Oh this card is simply my favorite on your blog! Very pretty!
I am just gonna follow you now!
:)

God bless!