Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Flower Fest First

I got a new stamp set so I had to break it in with a couple of challenges.  One of the challenges is Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge #209; the other is Color Round Up Color Challenge #37.

For the card base I used Very Vanilla card stock.  I cut pieces of Autumn Spice designer paper, Old Olive and Very Vanilla card stocks.  On the Old Olive I stamped the leaves from the Flower Fest stamp set using VersaMark; this gives it a watermark appearance.  The Very Vanilla card stock was put through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  These three pieces were adhered to the Chocolate Chip layer.  I stamped the big flower from the same stamp set three times on Tempting Turquoise with VersaMark.  I made a mixture of
turquoise glitter and clear embossing powder and heat embossed it on the flowers.  I trimmed around one of the flowers; I then cut out two more layers from the remaining two flowers.  The biggest flower was matted with Chocolate Chip card stock punched out with the big scallop circle punch.  I popped up the other two layers on top using dimensionals.  Before adding the last layer, I attached a Filigree brad using an Old Olive brad.  The whole flower was added to the card front using dimensionals.  I left off the sentiment because this card can be used for a lot of different occasions.  It probably won't sit in my stash for too long.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Flower Fest
Ink:  VersaMark
Card Stock/Paper:  Very Vanilla; Chocolate Chip; Old Olive; Tempting Turquoise; Autumn Spice DSP
Tools:  Heat Tool; Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine; Paper Snips; Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder; 2-3/8" Scallop Circle XL Punch
Finish It Up:  Fine Cosmo Stampin' Glitter; Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder; Filigree Designer Brads; Brights Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

At Paula's Place said...

Let me be the first to tell you that your card is striking. I like what you have done with the flower, so many layers, and the edges stand out. Nice.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Patti! Way to combine challenges! Both the colors and the sketch are perfect for this stamp set!

Michelle Jaramillo said...

I love that set! TFS!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Just beautiful. I don't have this set yet but will order it now!! Love it!

nitestamper said...

super fabulicious card!!!!
and ditto on the colors, Patti!!!!!
tfs:)

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

I love how you embossed the flower from the Flower Fest stamp set it really finished the card off :-)

Jean Addis said...

What a wonderful blog! Thank you for following mine...I will certainly be visiting often as your creations are marvelous.

Dale Morin said...

Great card! It's fun when you can combine challenges into one card! Love your flower.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patti this card is just beautiful!!! Thanks for playing along in the Color Round Up Challenge!! Congrats your card won!!!