Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to the Tea Party

Good Tuesday to you all.  My thank you card is based on two challenges:  the Pals Paper Arts #98 Sketch Challenge and the Picture Perfect Creations Specialty Challenge #7.  I like the PPA challenge for its clean and simple style.  And I loved the inspiration photo of the PPC challenge.  I didn't have any tea cup or tea related stamps so I picked up the colors as part of my inspiration.  The beautiful old fashioned tea set had me imagining there might be doilies in the vicinity of this tea party.

The card base is Rose Red card stock.  I added a layer of Daffodil Delight card stock that was stamped with the soon to be revealed Delicate Doilies stamp set and Daffodil Delight ink.  The edges were sponged with the same ink.  I punched out a piece of the new In Color Lucky Limeade with the Lace Ribbon Border punch, also a new item starting July 1.  This was matted with a piece of Rose Red card stock that was sponged around the edges with Rose Red ink and adhered to the card front.  Using the Doily Triple Layer punch, I punched out six doily shapes from Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade and Rose Red card stock.  They were adhered to a piece of Whisper White card stock and run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder to give it the inlaid embossing effect.   I matted it with Rose Red card stock and added it to the card front with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock, sponged around the edges with Rose Red ink, punched out with the oval punch and matted with two ovals punched out of Daffodil Delight card stock.  Because the main image area was raised up by the dimensionals, I attached the sentiment to the card with a dimensional on the left side only and adhesive on the right side.  Perhaps the ladies attending the tea party were wearing their pearls, so I added Basic Pearls to my embossed doilies and the "o" in you.  It seems I was inspired more about the feeling from the picture rather than the image.  It was a great sketch and photo to work with.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370); Delicate Doilies (available July 1)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (#119667); Rose Red (#101778); Lucky Limeade (available July 1)
Card Stock:  Rose Red (#102544); Daffodil Delight (#119683); Whisper white (#100730); Lucky Limeade (available July 1)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Maching (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); 3/4" x 15/16" Oval Medium Punch (#120908); Doily Triple Layer Punch (#122465); Sponge Daubers (#102892); Lace Ribbon Border Punch (available July 1)
Finish It Up:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) 

12 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

Very Pretty! I like that you used the colors instead of doing a tea set of some kind :-) Thanks for playing along with PPC this week!

Anne Marie said...

Hi Patti! This is so beautiful! I really like the color combo and the inlaid embossing. The pearls are the perfect touch, too! Have a great day! :)

Michele F. said...

Love your embedded embossing! And absolutley... DOILEES are present at all Tea Parties!! :-)
Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!!

Linda Callahan said...

What a great interpretation of the picture - perfect!

Tamie said...

Loving the idea of dollies. I just did the embedded embossing myself for the first time and it is awesome. A stunning and beautiful card and I love the punch out border. what great inspiration you got from our picture. Thanks for sharing it with us at PPC!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, What a pretty card! The embedded embossing really adds to this card. Love the colors.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! You nailed the colors of the inspiration photo perfectly! Great job with the challenge!

Sara said...

This looks great, thanks for the idea!
I found you on SC and have added myself as a follower, hoping you'll do the same for me!
http://sarasstampspace.blogspot.com/

Always Playing with Paper said...

Hi Patti! Awesome job with both challenges! LOVE what you did with the colours! SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at the PPC.
Smiles,
Lesley

The Stamper's Touch said...

Wow, this card is stunning! Love that you were inspired by the colors!! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

Linda

Dale Morin said...

Love this card. I love the embedded embossing. Really looks great here. Love you color combo too.

Lori Burkitt said...

Love this card! I have yet to try the embedded embossing and I really don't know why I'm putting it off. I'm sure when I do I'll wonder why I've waited so long. Your card just very well may be the card that inspires me to give it a go! TFS!