Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Catalog Case

This card is based on a challenge from Gretchen Barron's Inspiration In Action CASE Contest and Stampin' Up! Only Challenge 22-Happy Summer Anniversary.  The card I cased from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog (see it here) is the "with love" card on page 97.  I changed pretty much everything except the basic design.

My card base is So Saffron Textured card stock.  Using the Scallop Trim Border Punch, I punched along one edge of a piece of Perfect Plum and Rose Red card stock.  The Perfect Plum was attached to the card front.  Using the Big Shot I embossed a piece of the So Saffron card stock with the Square Lattice Embossing folder.  Before adding it to the front of the card, I attached the Rose Red scalloped strip and a piece of Victoria Crochet Trim.  The image from the Cherish Friendship stamp set was stamped on watercolor paper with StazOn ink.  It was colored using So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum and Rose Red ink pads and blender pens.  I ended up cutting out the chair with paper snips because when I was coloring, the blender pen with Perfect Plum ink dragged across the upper right corner and it was too big a streak to camouflage.  On a piece of Very Vanilla Textured card stock I stamped the image in Soft Suede.  I spritzed the card stock using the Spritzer Tool and the Soft Suede marker.  The distressing tool from the Cutter Kit was used on all the edges which were then sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I also spritzed the image just a little.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped on a scrap piece of Wild Wasabi card stock with Soft Suede ink.  Using the 2-1/2" Circle punch, I punched out only enough that would fit across the top of the image.  The edge was also sponged with Soft Suede ink.  The was attached to the back of the Very Vanilla layer.   The colored image was popped up on the Very Vanilla card stock using dimensionals and the whole layer was added to the card using mini glue dots and dimensionals (dimensionals were used on the right side because  the embossed layer behind it was not under that edge).  I added the small pearls along the scallop edges and above the sentiment.  I am pleased with the result but hindsight reminded me we have new In Colors; I need to get used to all the "new" in the catalog.  This was a fun challenge.  I hope you visit Gretchen's blog and take part in this challenge/contest.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Cherish Friendship (w-#122880/c-#122882); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  So Saffron (#105213); Wild Wasabi (#109014); Soft Suede (#115657); Sahara Sand (#105208); Rose Red (#101778); Perfect Plum (#101437); Jet Black StazOn (#101406); Soft Suede Marker (#120973)
Card Stock:  Subtles 12"x12" Textured (#121075); Neutrals 12"x12" Textured (#121078); Rose Red (#102544); Perfect Plum (#101889); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Watercolor Paper (#122959)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); 2-1/2" Circle XL Punch (#103579); Blender Pens (#102845); Cutter Kit (#1069580
Finish It Up:  Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim (#118481); Basic Pearls (#119247); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

8 comments:

Robin Messenheimer said...

What a gorgeous card, Patti! I really like how you used the curve above the chair image as an artistic element. Thanks for playing with the SUO Challenges team this week!

Jen Timko said...

Simply stunning! I love every detail you have put in this beauty. The pearls, the texture, the coloring! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges this week!

Debbie Martin said...

Love it! Great job and so creative.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Karen Barber said...

This is GORGEOUS.....I DEFinetly voted for YOUR card this week!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the homey feeling of this wonderful creation!~

Dale Morin said...

WOW! How beautiful! Love how you did that trim. I don't have this set but this cards makes me want to own it! Really love the card. You did a fantastic job here. TFS

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Patti! I love the double border with the pearls! Gorgeous!

Andrea Gideon said...

BEAUTIFUL! love you vintage design. Perfect for this stamp set. I really like the way you did the trim. TFS!!!!

gbarron56 said...

Thank you so much for particpating in my Catalog CASE Contest! I was so delighted to see each and every entry. I especially love the lace and pearls on your card. If I could, I would make everyone a winner! You did a fabulous job. Keep up the good work and Happy Stamping! Blessings, Gretchen