Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Coming Sooner Than You Think

We are all enjoying(?) the summer heat and vacation time, but is this that far away?  My card today is based on two challenges:  A La Card Monkey Challenge #64 - a sketch and also Christmas in July and the Stampin' Up! Only Challenge #23 - For the Kids.  Even though I am not a fan of summer heat, I can wait a while longer for the cold.

The card base is Bashful Blue card stock that was put through the Big Shot with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  I spritzed the card front with Frost White Shimmer Paint that was mixed with alcohol (very hard to see in the photo).  Using the Big Shot again, I die cut a snowflake out of Wild Wasabi card stock using the Snowflakes Set 2 Sizzlits.  I added a bow made with the Marina Mist taffeta ribbon to the center of the snowflake and attached it to a strip of Marina
Mist card stock and adhered it to the card front.  Because I only wanted two of the children from the image from the Welcome Christmas stamp set, I inked them up with my Marina Mist marker and stamped them on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  To get the glittery effect, I put VersaMark over the whole image, added Heat and Stick powder, melted it with the Heat Tool, added Irridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set that.  I then punched the image out with the 1-3/4" circle punch.  With the Circle Scissor Plus, I cut out a 2" Wild Wasabi circle and a 2-1/4" Whisper White circle that I used to mat the image.  (Remember to always use the Glass Mat when cutting with the Circle Scissor Plus).  Three Marina Mist brads were added and the image was popped up with dimensionals.  It was fun making a Christmas card; I guess it's probably time to start working on them.  Where oh where does the year go?  Have a great day.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597)
Ink:  Marina Mist (#$119668); Marina Mist Marker (#119679); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Bashful Blue (#105120); Marina Mist (#119682); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (#120902); Snowflakes Set 2 Sizzlits Die Set (#113449); 1-3/4" Circle Punch
Finish It Up:  Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854); Marina Mist 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119965); Subtles Brads (#119738); Heat & Stick Powder (#100625); Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss Powder (#101930)
   

11 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hey Patti I love the card. The image is so cute and the colors perfect together. Thanks for hangin out with us at the Monkey Challenge Blog.

Hugs
Shirley
www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

Shari Winterstein said...

EEK - I haven't even started my cards! This is such a neat card. I love the iridescent embossing powder. Just bought it and you have inspired me to use it. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Terry and Shirley SU said...

This is very pretty! I love the embossing powder (Irridescent Ice is one of my faves!) and how you singled out the image. The embossing folder adds alot too.

Thanks,

Terry
http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com

Deb Hoekstra said...

Really cute card! I like the sparkly circle with the sledding kids. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

Jean Addis said...

Beautiful card. The sparkle just makes it pop.

helloholley said...

Hi Patti!!!
I love this card....I can totally 'see' the sparkle!!! I love the punch of green too......now I NEED this stamp set *sigh*, LOL!!! Have a blessed weekend!!!;)

Debbie Henderson said...

Gorgeous card Patti! I agree with you.....so not ready for the winter months, especially in Maine!

Dale Morin said...

You are so right, it will be here sooner than we think! Love the card. Great job!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hey Girl.. email me your address so I can get you the stuff you won in the mail. Congrats BTW!! We Love the Card!!

Hugs
Shirley
shurleepumpkin@msn.com

Jen Timko said...

Another fabulous creation! Love the sparkle! So glad to see you again this week at SUO Challenges!

Pam Staples said...

Very cute card and I love the sledding kids. Thanks for playing along on the SUO Challenges blog.