Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Flying High

My round card today is based on two challenges:  Mojo Monday #201 and Just Add Ink #78.  Round and square cards are not cards I do too often.  Since a lot of my cards are mailed, I prefer not to pay the extra postage, but sometimes I say "what the heck".

Using the Big Shot and the Scallop Circle Bigz die, I cut out two scallop circles from Certainly Celery card stock.  With the Circle Scissors Plus, I cut out a 4-1/8" circle from Chocolate Chip card stock and two 4" circles from Sahara Sand card stock and Sahara Sand designer paper.  These were then cut in half.  One half circle of each was added to the Chocolate Chip circle.  With the Crop-a-Dile, I punched a hole on each side of the circle.  Certainly Celery satin ribbon was put through the holes and fastened on the back.  The birds and basket from the Up, Up, & Away stamp set were stamped on a piece of Sahara Sand card 
stock with Chocolate Chip ink.  The balloon was stamped with Not Quite Navy craft ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I added Dazzling Diamonds using the 2-way glue pen.  This was matted with a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock.  A small piece of retired Certainly Celery designer paper was also matted with Not Quite Navy card stock and attached over the ribbon using dimensionals.  The image layer was attached with mini glue dots on the left and double dimensionals on the right since it was higher off the card front because of the popped up designer paper layer.  (Make any sense to you)?  I made a bow from the same ribbon and attached it using mini glue dots.  The Chocolate Chip brads were added with dimensionals too because I forgot to put them on before attaching the big circle to the scallop circle.  That's it for today.   I hope your weekend has been a good one.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Up, Up & Away (w-#122755/c-#122757)
Ink:  Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717); Chocolate Chip (#100908)
Card Stock/Paper:  Certainly Celery (#105125); Chocolate Chip (#102128); Sahara Sand (#121043); Not Quite Navy (#101722); Neutrals Patterns DSP Stack (#117157); Green Tea DSP (retired)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Scallop Circle Bigz Die (#112468); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Heat Tool (#100005); Crop-a-Dile (#108362)
Finish It Up:  Certainly Celery 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117288); 5/16" Neutrals Jumbo Brads (#112534); 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Patti, this is a wonderful card! I love all of the details, such as the Dazzling Diamonds, brads and bow! The layering is phenomenal!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Cute card! I love the Dazzling Diamonds on the balloon!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is a really beautiful card Patti, l love all the layers and the gorgeous elements combined make it a stunner!
Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Dale Morin said...

What a great card! Love all the details and the color combo is terrific.

Anne Marie said...

Patti, I love how you used these colors together! Wow! For some reason I shy away from Certainly Celery but you have inspired me with your card today! Love that pop of glitter and that pretty, little bow, too. Very fun! :)

delysc said...

I love the use of dazzling diamonds on the balloon. lovely card and thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week!

Jo said...

Great job Patti, I would always chose the square or rectangle over a round card and you've done a teriffic job. Love the stamp you've used, can't wait till I can order it. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

Patrice said...

This is a terrific card Patti. I love your ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow Patti!! This is an AWESOME card!!!

Tiffany Bauer said...

Beautiful!!! I love the color combo and the glittery hot air balloon!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #30 with a link back to your blog on 8-21-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to pick up your blog badge for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com