Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday U.S.A.

Wishing you all out there a very Happy 4th of July.  We are blessed with many freedoms in this country.  Take the time to appreciate them all while having a great holiday.

The joy fold card I'm sharing falls into today's patriotic theme as well as three challenges I took on with it:  Stampin' Royalty Challenge #78 to Go Patriotic, The Friday Mashup #13 "Let's Hear It For the Red, White & Blue and the Just Add Ink #74 Fancy Folds.  You can find a great tutorial on Chantell Randell's blog here.

Card Closed Up
My card base is Night of Navy card stock.  I added a layer of Whisper White card stock that was run through the Big Shot with a Texturz plate that I had inked up with Real Red ink.  I added Brushed Silver, Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White card stock stars made using the Big Shot and the Stars #2 die to a piece of Whisper White card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  This was added to the right flap of the card.  The smaller "card" is made using Night of Navy card stock.  I inked up the Land of the Free stamp with Real Red and Night of Navy markers and stamped it on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  This was matted with a layer of Real Red and Night of Navy card stocks.  I attached it to the Night of Navy card front and added doodle dots with the white gel pen.  This was added to the red and white card front.  On the inside of the right hand flat I added some leftover stars.  Lots of red, white and blue to celebrate our nation's birthday.  Until next time, enjoy your holiday and I'll see you back here with something new.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Land of The Free
Ink:  Real Red; Real Red Stampin' Write Marker; Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
Card Stock:  Whisper White; Night of Navy; Real Red; Brushed Silver
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine; Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates; Square Lattice Embossing Folder; Stars #2 Original Die; White uni-ball Signo Gell Pen 
 





16 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Happy 4th Patti...........hope you have a grand one! Love the look of this card it's gorgeous. Those gatefold cards are really unique. I also love the look of your blog, it's gorgeous too. The background paper and the page elements look really nice and suit your lovely posts.

Debbie Martin said...

Love it! I really like what you did with the embossing plate. Did you use Classic or Craft Real Red ink?
Really nice card.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Kim P said...

This is fantastic! Love gatefold cards! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Kasey said...

Hi Patti, I really like the interesting fold to your card, similar to the Joy Fold card. Lots of interesting texture and patterns going on. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup challenge this week. Good Luck. Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Dale Morin said...

Happy 4th. We are so fortunate to live here in the US. Love your card. The fold is terrific. I need to do more with folds. thanks for the inspiration!

Shari Winterstein said...

Happy 4th of July! This is a stunning card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Lisa said...

This is such a lovely card Patti. You did a great job with all the backgrounds!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Simply wonderful, Patti. I really love your design, layout and the gatefold!! Thanks so much for playing at the Friday Mashup!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! What a fabulous card! Making a gatefold card was a perfect choice! The stars are showcased brilliantly!

Michelle Jaramillo said...

Love this card, beautiful!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'm feeling all your patriotism all the way from Aus. This is a pretty impressive joy fold card. Thanks for playing along with the fancy folds at Just Add Ink.

Holly said...

Patti this came out great!! I love that you inked up the texturz plate with the ink, I never thought of that! I love those texturz plates. The overall look of the card is so pretty.. Looks vintage almost, Great take on all 3 challenges. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

A fab patriotic take on Chantells fancy fold...great use of colour.
Thanks for joining in with fancy folds challenge at JAI.

Jodene said...

This is a fantastic card Patti! I love the different textures and of course the theme :) I hope you had a lovely 4th of July holiday!

Andrea Gideon said...

Patty you did a Faboulous job.
Love it!

Karen said...

Hi Patty, What a wonderful card. I love gate folds. And I think I love everything about this card. Thanks for playing along with the friday mashup.