Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Monkey Guest Designer

Last week I was recognized as the challenge winner at A La Card Monkey with this cardThey asked if I would be a guest designer this week for Challenge #66 which is a sketch and color challenge.  This is the card I came up with.    Hopefully I lived up to the challenge.

The colors were black and white and shades of gray.  I always think of those shades as classic ones and I wanted my card to reflect that.  I started with a Whisper White card base.  With the Big Shot I embossed a piece of Whisper White card stock with the Finial Press embossing folder a little more than half way down.  I spritzed it with Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol.  The sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner with VersaMark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  The edges were sponged with Basic Gray ink and the piece added to the card front.  Basic Black card stock was punched using the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  A strip of Whisper White was added to the middle of the black border.  I made a bow using black taffeta ribbon and added it to this strip by putting the tails through a small hole and adhering them to the back.  All of this was added at the bottom edge of the embossed part of the card front.  I stamped one of the doilies from the Delicate Doilies stamp set with VersaMark on Whisper White card stock.  It was heat embossed with black embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds that I had mixed together.  It gave it a really pretty sparkle.  I punched it out with a circle punch and matted it on a Basic Black card stock scallop circle.
An Antique brad was added to the center.  The image was popped up on the card front with dimensionals.  To go along with the sparkling image, I added rhinestones around the scallop circle, in the center of the brad and on the knot of the bow.  The other half of the sentiment was stamped on the inside.  In my black scraps, I had a piece of Basic Black card stock punched with the Lace Ribbon punch so I added it along the edge on the inside and added rhinestones to it.  Pictures never do bling justice; much nicer in real life.  I hope you're having a great start to your weekend.  Stay cool -- we had 102.2 degrees at one point this afternoon.  Yuk!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Delicate Doilies (w-#122590/c-#122592); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497)
Ink:  Basic Gray (#109120); Basic Black (#101179); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Whisper White (#100730) Basic Black (#121045)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Finial Press Embossing Folder (#115963); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Heat Tool (#100005); Lace Ribbon Border Punch (#122362); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:  Antique Brads (#117273); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854); Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta ribbon (#119962); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

12 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

First of all, congratulations on being guest designer! I love your work, so I think they should hire you permanently! :)))))) This is a fabulous card and I especially like it in black and white. Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Ann Schach said...

Yowza...what a classy and elegant card! Congrats on being named a guest designer!

Stampin with Kristy said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! TFS!

Dale Morin said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer! You do fabulous work! I love this card!!!! Great job.

Patty Mickle said...

Your card is beautiful! You make an excellent guest designer!! Congrats on being the challenge winner last week.

Denise Willerton said...

Wow!!!! thanks so much for stopping by my place, cause I found you~ fabulous card and wonderful blog...okay, so another person to stalk...I mean follow ~ thanks for the inspiration Patti ~ enjoy your weekend and congrats on guest designer, well deserved!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Patti this is just such a stunning card. Love the black and white theme and how you made this sketch outstanding! Congrats on being a guest designer for A La Card Monkey.... that is just such an awesome site. Happy stamping.

Debbie Henderson said...

Another beauty! You sure lived up to my expectations! I agree with another poster, you should be on their design team every week!

Terry Blais said...

Lovely card, Patti. I love lace border and the antique brad just gives such a classy finish to your beautiful creation. Thanks for being our guest designer this week!

Terry
A La Card Monkey

Shirley Pumpkin said...

The card is Beautiful!! I am glad you added the close up... wow Love the embossing!!

Hugs
Shirley
Thanks for being a Guest Designer for us!!

Tammy Fite said...

WOW!! this is gorgeous!!

Anne Marie said...

WOW! Patti, this is a stunner! I love all of that bling. Really packs a punch on the black and white. Very pretty! :)