Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Best 41 Years!!

Today my wonderful husband and I are celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary.  I've been asking myself where has all that time gone and realize there is a lot of life and living in those years.  We are truly blessed in our marriage, with our two terrific sons and with each other.

This card for my hubby is based on two challenges:  The Friday Mashup #18 and A La Card Monkey #68.  Glitter was also part of the Mashup challenge but I opted to leave it off this card; as it was, I already added pearls for the Mrs.

The card base is So Saffron card stock.  The pennants were made using Just Add Cake designer paper and Wild Wasabi card stock.  I punched out the bottom of the pennants with the Postage Stamp punch.  Mr. & Mrs. Owl were made using So Saffron textured card stock (body), Just Add Cake designer paper (vest & dress), and Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, and Early Espresso card stock (eyes) punched out with the Owl Builder punch.  Early Espresso ink was used to lightly sponge around each owl body.  I free-hand cut the bow tie, added an Early Espresso brad for the knot, snipped off the brad thingees (I wish I knew what they were called) and attached it with a glue dot.  A belt of pearls were added to Mrs. Owl's dress.  The Mrs. was attached with dimensionals to an Early Espresso scallop circle that was matted with a larger Poppy Parade scallop circle and added to the card front.  I popped up Mr. with dimensionals also.  Hearts punched from the Owl Builder punch were added with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY BEST FRIEND AND BETTER HALF (TRULY) OF THIS ONGOING PARTNERSHIP.  LOVE YOU!!!

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Early Espresso (#119670)
Card Stock/Paper:  Subtles 12"x12" Textured (#121075); So Saffron (#105118); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Poppy Parade (#119793); Early Espresso (#119686); Whisper White (#100730); Just Add Cake DSP (#124339)
Tools:  Owl Builder Punch (#118074); Postage Stamp Punch (#122344); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); Paper Snips (#103579)
Finish It Up:  Neutrals Brads (#119736); Basic Pearls (#119247); Miltipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stamping Sponges (#101610)

14 comments:

Kasey said...

Patti,
Congratulations on 41 years! I love your little owls, they look so fabulous together. So glad you joined us at the Friday Mashup this week. Good Luck.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Lisa said...

Wow, 41 yrs, that is FANTASTIC!! I love reading things like that. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful day!

Those owls are just adorable and the colors you used are fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kristi said...

Congratulations! Super cute card! My husband is so supportive of my stamping but really loves some of the humor of store-bought cards so I rarely make cards for him.

Jean McKenzie said...

Love your card Patti. Those little owls do look so much in love! Such a happy card! Congratulations on your 41 years together!

Holly said...

That is too adorable Patti... Great color combo! Congratulations, wow what an Annivesary to celebrate. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Shari Winterstein said...

What a wonderful blessing to spend 41 years with your best friend. Blessings and joy on your special day.

Stephanie Uzee said...

Wow 41 years! That is great!! This card is too cute! I love how you punched the pennants out of the postage stamp punch...great idea!!

Congrats and may there be many more anniversaries to come!

Kim P said...

Congratulations on 41 years of marriage! Hope your day was blessed!
Very fun card...great colors...love the pennants behind those cute owls
Thans for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Terry Blais said...

You definitely have something to celebrate. And your card is adorable. I love how you combined the two challenges. Thanks for your nice comments!

Hugs,

Terry
A La Card Monkey

Lisa Flynn said...

Hi Patti - I didnt' know it was your anniversary. Congrats - and wish Carl a happy anniversary for me. I absolutely love your card. You're the best!
~Lisa~

Ann Schach said...

Happy anniversary, Patti! What an adorable card you made to celebrate the day! Here's to many more!

nitestamper said...

very lovely card!!!!
and happy anniversary
tfs:)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Congratulations Patti and Carl on your 41st wedding anniversary. It is wonderful to know that true love stories still happen. It's awesome. And so is your card! Love those little wise owls and how you were able to meet both challenges!

Jaye said...

Love your owls and the pearls on the girl - so stinkin' cute. I love how you made the bottom of the pennant with the postage stamp punch. I never can cut those tails straight and now I'm excited about this new trick. I'm following you from Stampin' Connection and hope you will stop by and say hi on my blog:http://carmine-crafts.blogspot.com/. Best wishes, Jaye