Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Crazy Color Christmas Card

Don't ask me why I made a Christmas card with the colors from the Inspirations Color Challenge #84.  I guess I liked the idea of using the snowmen on the Paper Players Challenge #60.  I really liked the colors so I just went with it.

The card base is Concord Crush card stock.  I ran a piece of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, added Daffodil Delight ribbon along with a rhinestone brad and attached it to the card front.  The small snowman from the Merry Winter stamp set was stamped on Whisper White three times and heat embossed with VersaMark, Concord Crush ink, Daffodil Delight Ink and Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  Each was punched out with the Large Tag punch.  The greeting from the Curly Cute stamp set was stamped with Concord Crush ink on a piece of  
Tangerine Tango.  This was attached to the card front.  The three snowmen were added using dimensionals.  A rhinestone was added to each hat for a little sparkle.  I am really happy with the result even if the colors are a little unorthodox for a holiday card (hubby is a traditionalist, red and green, and says these would be great Halloween colors.  I guess you could say these are trick or treaters dressed in snowmen costumes).  We are waiting out Irene to see how much we'll be affected.  We are 90 miles north of NYC and they are expecting to get hit hard.  To anyone in the line of the storm, be safe and cautious.  Will be back again soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Merry Winter (w-#122700/c-#122702); Curly Cute (w-#117014/c-#120510)
Ink:  Concord Crush (#119785); Daffodil Delight (#119667); VersaMark (#102283); Daffodil Delight (#119667)

Card Stock:  Concord Crush (#119792); Tangerine Tango (#111349); Whisper White (#100730)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Large Tag Punch (#119876); Heat Tool (#100005)
Finish It Up:  Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder (#123106); Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119254); Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads (#109110); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)  



12 comments:

Christy Q said...

Cute, cute! Love the tag punch idea, I feel a CASE coming on. ;-)

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this is just too cute! The first time I've seen this cute set used, too...reminds me of little marshmallows! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

Lauri said...

Cute snowmen! Great job with non-traditional holiday colors! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Dale Morin said...

This is adorable! I just got this set. It reminds me of marshmellows! Great job.

Anne Marie said...

Ooooh, Patti! I love Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. This is SO fun! That little snowman trio is too cute and I especially like that pop of bling. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Lisa said...

Oh how CUTE! I Love these colors! What fun!
Hugs,
Lisa

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Ahhh... those little guys are so cute!! Love the colors you used.

Hugs
Shirley

Rosemary Morgan said...

Beautiful blog. #409 following you from SC. http://rosemarysstampinhaven.blogspot.com/

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Oh, I just knew this set was going to be super cute when used! Love this! TFS!

Brandi

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Patti! What a cute card! Those little snowmen are adorable.

Marisa said...

That snowman image is too cute! Great us of this week's challenging colours! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week :)

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Patti! You did a fabulous job with this sketch! I love that trio of snowmen!