Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Feel Better

Back today with, you guessed it, another card using doilies.  I saw the beautiful inspiration photo for the Our Creative Corner Challenge with so many beautiful flowers; the catch is you can't use flowers on your project.  Yikes!!  I then found a sketch at Inkspirations Challenge #81.

The Delicate Doilies stamp set was calling my name, again.  What could I do with it to use all those wonderful colors in the photo.  I stamped the image on
a piece of Glossy White card stock with VersaMark and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  Using the Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and Rich Razzleberry markers, I colored in the doily.  After rounding the corners of the image layer, I laid it aside to work on the card.  The card is a 4-1/4" square.  The base is Pink Pirouette textured card stock.  To a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock I added a strip of the Pink Pirouette horizontally and a strip of Melon Mambo vertically.  Old Olive ribbon was added.  Old Olive brads were matted with a small circle of the Pink Pirouette card stock and added to this layer.  The whole layer was then attached to the base card of Pink Pirouette card stock.  The image layer was adhered using dimensionals.  Pearls were added to the center of the doily for a little added pizzazz.  The sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set was stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink under the image.  Having made this a get well card, I decided to also submit it to the So Shelli monthly challenge; the topic this month is to create something letting someone know you care.  I hope you liked the card today.  Why not try some of the great challenges that are out there in blog land.  They are great, especially if you hit a mental creativity block.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Delicate Doilies (w-#122590/c-#122592); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry (#115658); VersaMark (#102283); Melon Mambo Marker (#121074); Old Olive Marker (#100079); Pretty in Pink Marker (#100045); Rich Razzleberry Marker (#120970)
Card Stock:  Subtles 12"x12" Textured (#121075); Rich Razzleberry (#115316); Melon Mambo (#115320); Glossy White (#102599)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309)
Finish It Up:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Old Olive 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#124139); Basic Pearls (#119247); Brights Brads (#119740); Stampin Dimensionals (#104430)   

10 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I love your card and choice of colors. That is one of my favorite stamp sets.

Sharon said...

I love how you used the colors in the inspiration photo to help you 'color' your doily! Your card is simply stunning! thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Shirley Pumpkin said...

love what you did with this cute sketch!!

Hugs
Shirley

Shari Winterstein said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Holly Kean said...

I like how the pattern harkens to a flower without actually using one. Wonderful coloring and great take on the challenge this week at Our Creative Corner. Thanks for playing along!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, This is amazing! I just love it. Can't wait to get this stamp.

Debbie Martin said...

I love how you colored in the doily!
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

I love the colors you used on this card! I just got the doily set -- now I've got a new idea (and an itch to get it out! lol). TFS! Thanks for following my blog -- I'm following you too! :)

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Patti! I love the gorgeous colors! I would say that this card has the essence of flowers...without using any flowers! You are so creative!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow- isn't this a fun card! Love the doily and the way it looks like stained glass- thanks for the inspiration!