Friday, August 5, 2011

Expressing My Sympathy

I needed a sympathy card this week for my upline whose grandmother passed away.  I used two challenges in creating this card:  Picture Perfect Creations #67 and Creating Pretty Cards Challenge #2 at Craft Project Central.

My card base is Perfect Plum card stock.  To a wide strip of Whisper White, I added two pieces of Concord Crush ribbon and attached this layer to the card front.  I heat embossed the large Hello Doily stamp on a piece of Concord Crush card stock with VersaMark and white embossing powder.  I cut off two different 2-scallop pieces and trimmed around the edges.  I punched out the center of the doily with a circle punch.  This was attached to piece of Perfect Plum card stock punched out with the Scallop Circle punch.  Using the paper piercing tool, I punched a hole in each scallop.  Added to the center is a piece 
of Perfect Plum card stock punched out with the Doily Triple Layer punch.  A Filigree brad was placed in the center and the whole layer was attached to a piece of Whisper White card that was sponged around the edges with   
Perfect Plum ink.  This was matted with Concord Crush card stock.  Before attaching this to the card front with dimensionals, I added the trimmed scallops, one to the top and one to the bottom of the layer.  The sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set was stamped in Concord Crush ink.  The second half of the sentiment was added to the inside of the card.  Sympathy cards are not my favorite cards to make because you know there are people enduring a loss in their family, but I hope when I take the time to create the card, it brings some comfort to them.  If you'd like to read a beautiful poem Lisa wrote for and shared at her grandmother's funeral, check out this post on her blog.  It's a wonderful tribute to someone who lived a long and blessed life.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Hello Doily (#122845); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497)
Ink:  Concord Crush (#119785); Perfect Plum (#101437); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Perfect Plum (#101889); Concord Crush (#119792)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Doily Triple Layer Punch (#122465); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); 1-3/4" Circle Punch (#119850); Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631); Paper Snips (#103579); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  White Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109132); Filigree Designer Brads (#112577); Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon (#119266); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Patti, your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along and sharing your creation!!

Shari Winterstein said...

Very, very creative! I love the doily pieces on the top and bottom. Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

The Stamper's Touch said...

Oh how beautiful!! Lovin' those colors! And that doily is stunning! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

Linda

Julie said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge!

Michele F. said...

This is such a lovely card!! Thanks so much for joining us at PPC this week.

Tamie said...

Stunning sympathy card! Your layout is beautiful and so is the use of the colors. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at PPC.