Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mia, Help Me Remember!

When my sister-in-law e-mailed me this photo of her granddaughter (my grand niece), I fell in love with it.  I thought, turnaround is fair play, so I created this easel card post-it note holder for her and added a copy of the photo.  I made one for Mia's mom also.

I wanted to pick up the colors in the blanket because they were so cheerful.  I made the card base using Melon Mambo.  On the post-it part, I added a piece of the retired Ice Cream Parlor designer paper.  The post-it note was matted with a piece of Peach Parfait card stock and attached to the card.  The letters of her name are from the Lovely Letters Alphabet stamp set.  They were stamped on Whisper White card stock using Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point ink.  The "M" and "A" were punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle punch and the "I" was punched out with the 1" Circle punch.  The edges of all the circles were sponged with Peach Parfait ink.  Buttons from the retired Ice Cream Parlor ribbon and button pack were added using glue dots.  I rounded the corners of a piece of Pacific Point card stock and matted the photo with it.  Two pieces of retired ribbon were added along each side of the photo.  The giraffe from the Fox and Friends stamp set was stamped with VersaMark and Peach Parfait ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The turtle from the same stamp set was stamped with Old Olive craft ink and also embossed with clear embossing powder.  I cut out both and popped them up on the photo layer with dimensionals.  Now grandma and mom have that sweet face looking up at them whenever they have to jot down a quick reminder.  Do you have a favorite photo that you'd like to turn into something special?  This is a fun way to use it rather than storing it in a box somewhere.  I see a few of these in the future of some other family members.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Lovely Letters Alphabet (#115030); Fox & Friends (w-#117020/c-#118565)
Ink:  Peach Parfait (#119783); Brights Craft Stampin' Spots (#119718); Melon Mambo (#115656); Daffodil Delight (#119667); Pacific Point (#111837); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Paper:  Melon Mambo (#115320); Pacific Point (#111350); Peach Parfait (#119794); Whisper White (#100730); Ice Cream Parlor DSP & Quick Accents Pack (retired)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); 1" Circle Punch (#119868); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); Paper Snips (#103579); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Button Pack (retired)
 

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

How cute is this, Patti! What a thoughtful idea! The DSP and the colors you selected are perfect for the photo!

Shari Winterstein said...

Patti - this is so adorable. I love the picture. Now on to the amazing part - I have been toying with the idea of having my ladies take pictures of something very special in their lives and turn it into a card or something. You just provided the "something". I would love to have the dimensions of the card and where you scored it so the cover fits comfy on top of the Post-It pad. Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Not only is MIA a cute little thing, but so is your awesome note holder. What a great idea! TFS Patti

Dale Morin said...

How adorable!!! Love what you did. She is just precious.