Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stained Glass Sympathy

While blog surfing the other day I came across this stained glass technique on France Martin's blog here.  She has a video explaining how to do it.  I needed another sympathy card (again, not my favorite to have to make) so I decided to take on the A La Card Monkey #69 sketch and sympathy card challenge.

My card base is Wild Wasabi card stock.  I ran a piece of So Saffron card stock through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and matted it with a piece of Island Indigo.  This was attached to the card front.  The sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set was stamp on a piece of Wild Wasabi with Island Indigo ink and matted with Island Indigo card stock.  Pool Party ribbon was added and a tiny bow was tied around it using baker's twine.  This layer was added to the card.  I did the stained glass technique on a piece of window sheet using Pool Party ink refill following France's directions.  After it dried I stamped the image from the Flower Fest stamp set on the window sheet with black StazOn ink, attached it to a piece of Pool Party card stock and matted it with Island Indigo card stock.  This was added to the card front with dimensionals.  I really enjoyed this technique even if it was only a small image.  I am definitely going to be doing more of this.  It gives a soft background look to the image.  Isn't it great that there are so many fun ways to enhance a card!!  Time for dinner so I'll be on my way.  Stop back again.

Stampin' Up! Products Used  
Stamp Sets:  Flower Fest (W-#122278/c-#122280); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn (#101406); Pool Party Classic Ink Refill (#122933); Island Indigo (#122937)
Card Stock:  Wild Wasabi (#108641); So Saffron (#105118); Island Indigo (#122923); Pool Party (#122924); Window Sheets (#114323)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335)
Finish It Up:  In Color Designer Printed Brads (#122940); Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (#122975); White Baker's Twine (#124262); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

4 comments:

Terry Blais said...

This is really nice - great technique. Thanks for taking part in our challenge!

Terry
A La Card Monkey

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love this card! Very cool Patti!!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

That is so pretty, the colors look so soft in the photo.

Hugs
Shirley
A La Card Monkey

Dale Morin said...

Another great card! This is a fun technique.