Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Belated Wedding Wishes

One of the groomsmen that was in my son's wedding in May got married last weekend.  Since they were going on their honeymoon, I figured there was no rush for my card.  Today I took on the Just Add Ink #84 and Techno Stamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #191.  The Just Add Ink challenge was to use white plus one other color and I chose silver; quite obvious I guess.

The card base is Glossy White card stock.  I added a layer of Brushed Silver card stock that was run through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I punched one large scallop circle out ofGlossy White card stock and a small scallop circle out of Brushed Silver card stock and attached them together.  A piece of silver card stock was run through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, punched along the bottom with the Scallop Edge Border punch and then matted with a piece of Glossy White card stock that was also punched with the scallop border punch.  The scallop circles were added to this layer and it was all attached to the card front.  I stamped one of the frames from the Four Frames stamp set on a piece of Glossy White card stock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  I then stamped the sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set in the center of the frame with VersaMark and heat embossed that with silver embossing powder also.  This was punched out with the Decorative Label punch and added using dimensionals.  I added some pearls to give it a wedding feel to the card.  It seems I gravitate to white and silver whenever I need a wedding card.  The card should reach them before they return from their honeymoon.  Have a great evening.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Four Frames (w-#123440/c-#123442); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock:  Glossy White (#102599); Brushed Silver (#100712)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854); Decorative Label Punch (#120907); Scallop Edge Border Punch (#119882)
Finish It Up:  Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109131); Basic Pearls (#119247); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 





5 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the elegant combination of white and silver. Thanks for playing along at JAI.

ChatterScene.com said...

Love the card:) So pretty:)

Mae Collins said...

I like the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder on the Silver cardstock, makes me think of pressed metal. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Ann Schach said...

Very elegant, Patti! I am sure the happy couple will love this card!

MJ said...

How pretty is this. I love how you used the different sized pearls. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!