Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Pop Up Slider Happy Birthday

It is so good to be back to normal.  Irene visited last Sunday (8/28) and left us without power, phone and internet service.  Fortunately the power came on that night but the phone took five days and the internet was back last night.  Considering what many people in my area and other areas of NY are dealing with, we feel really blessed that our issues were minor ones.  I can live without the phone, but losing the internet really got to me.  I hope everyone in Irene's wake is returning to normal.

I made this card the other day when I had a lot of time on my hands.  When I got back on line and was checking out some of my favorite challenges, I saw that the Paper Players
Challenge #62 theme was birthdays.  I've mentioned before that I have so many techniques that I've wanted to try and this card is one.  It's a pop-up slider card that I saw on Dawn Griffith's blog three years ago.  Here is a great video with all the dimensions and directions to make this card.


For the front of the card, I decided to use two layers of designer paper rather than card stock.  I wanted a cheerful look and the Just Add Cake designer paper gives me that.  The back of the card is Naturals White card stock as is the pop-up insert.  The image on the front from the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set was first inked up with Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, and Peach Parfait markers and stamped on the Naturals White card stock.  It was punched out with the Extra-Large Oval punch and attached with dimensionals to pieces of Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Peach Parfait card stock.  The corners of all
these layers were punched using the Ticket Corner punch.  A retired antique brass eyelet was added to the top of the insert using the Crop-a-Dile and a piece of white grosgrain ribbon was threaded through to use as a pull.  The two sentiments from the same stamp set were stamped in Wild Wasabi ink after the card was put together.  Another one of those "this looks too hard to do" cards that was anything but.  Luckily I had written down the directions way back when and didn't have to rely on the internet and video to make it.

I'm so glad to be back and am looking forward to visiting all my blog friends to see what I've missed.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess - w-#122675/c-#122617)
Ink:  Wild Wasabi (#109014); Wild Wasabi Marker (#120975); So Saffron Marker (#105114); 2010-2012 In Color Markers (#119801)
Card Stock/Paper:  Naturals White (#102316); Peach Parfait (#119794); So Saffron (#105118); Wild Wasabi (#108641); Just Add Cake DSP (#124339)
Tools:  Paper Cutter (#104152); Ticket Corner Punch (#119867); Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Extra-Large Oval Punch (#119859)
Finish It Up:  Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (#109025); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

11 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Great job on this cute, fun card. So glad you are back on line and all is well with your family. Thanks for blessing my day! :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Welcome back Patti. Wondered where you were and hoped that all was well. What did we do before technology? Glad to hear all is well. Love your birthday card, really cute.

Ann Schach said...

I love your pop-up slider card, Patti! It is so unique! I am glad things are returning to normal for you and that you were able to share this card with us. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Nance said...

Hi Patti! So glad life is returning to normal for you post-Irene. I LOVE this pop-up slider card! So stinkin' cute and your choice of paper and stamps is spot-on! So glad you could play along with us at The Paper Players!

Sandie Conner said...

This is the perfect DSP for a Birthday card, and it pops up also, great job! Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

This is just awesome! What a great birthday card! Glad to hear you recovered from Irene....it was a trying time, to say the least! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

Glad to hear you guys are okay Patti. Great card with bright "party" colors!

Julie Marshall said...

I too have card designs tucked away from years ago that I say I'm going to make one day. Cheers to you for pulling one up and actually making it! Love the colors and design on this one. It's perfect. Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with the Paper Players!

Dale Morin said...

What a terrific card! Irene did cause so much damage around NY and NJ along with many other areas. You were fortunate as I was. We got a bit of water in the garage and unfortunately I do store things there that had to be tossed and my back yard totally flooded but the house stayed dry. That's nothing compared to what others have gone through and are still dealing with. We were in SC the whole time and just got home today.

Back you your wonderful card. I am going to have to give this a try. Love everything about it.

Linda Callahan said...

Very cute card - love its style! And I feel your pain here in upstate NY~ first Irene and now the rain from Tropical Storm Lee - flooding is everywhere! Stay dry!

Anne Marie said...

So glad to hear that you are ok Patti and that Irene moved along her happy little way! Your card is SO fun! I love the pop up design and that paper is one of my absolute favorites. So perfect for the occasion. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players for our birthday challenge!! :)