Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rosette For A Friend

A friend I've known since we were in elementary school together celebrated her birthday on Friday and this is the card I created for her.  The challenge I based it on was the Sketch Frenzy Friday SFF091611 challenge.  The center image is a bit larger than in the sketch but I think it worked well for it.

The base is Daffodil Delight card stock.  A layer of Whisper White card stock was added.  I punched  six of the large petals from the Blossom Petals Punch out of Concord Crush card stock.  I added Dazzling Diamonds to the scallop edges using a 2-way glue pen.  They were evenly spaced on the front of the card.  The accordian fold rosette was made with Flirtatious designer paper.  I first scored it every 1/2" and flipped it over and scored every 1/2" starting at the 1/4" mark.  I then folded it back and forth on the score lines.  I attached the two ends together and added it to a 1-1/4" piece of card stock.  This was the tricky part because it didn't want to stay attached.  I persisted but when I make this again, I will definitely try some of the other solutions I've seen out there in blog land.  With Concord Crush card stock, I punched out a circle using the 1-1/4" circle punch and added Dazzling Diamonds around the edge using the 2-way glue pen.  A Daffodil Delight circle was added and a Concord Crush brad was put through both of them.  This was added to the front of the rosette with Sticky Strip adhesive.  The sentiment from the Curly Cute stamp set was stamped at the bottom with Concord Crush ink.  A simple card to make but I sure do need more practice making the rosettes.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Take the time to relax, which I hope is taking some time being creative.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Curly Cute (w-#117014/c-#120510)
Ink:  Concord Crush Ink Pad (#119785)
Card Stock/Paper:  Daffodil Delight (#119683); Concord Crush (#119792); Whisper White (#100730); Flirtatious Designer Series Paper (#122360)
Tools:  Blossom Petals Punch (#121808); Paper Cutter (#104152); 1-1/4" Circle Punch (#119861); 1" Circle Punch (#119868)
Finish It Up:  2-Way Glue Pen (#100425); Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter (#102023); 2010-2012 In Color Glimmer Brads (#121005); Sticky Strip (#104294) 

4 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a definite WOW card! Wow!!!! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Jean Addis said...

Beautiful card! Your friend is going to love it.

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a flower. Love the bling on the petal edges and the colour combo. Really nice Patti! TFS.

Dale Morin said...

This is beautiful! Love the lolly (medallion) Great job. TFS