Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

September Christmas

Today's card is based on the A La Card Monkey Challenge 72, a sketch and Christmas theme.

My card base is Certainly Celery card stock.  I ran a piece of Soft Suede card stock through the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  The distressing tool from the Cutter Kit was used on all the edges.  With a sanding block I distressed the raised parts on the card stock.  I spritzed Soft Suede on the card stock using the Color Spritzer and the Soft Suede marker.  The edges were then sponged with Soft Suede ink.  Before attaching it to the card front, I punched out one of the flowers with the Bojo Blossoms punch and a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I added it at the bottom where the greeting was going and attached this layer to the card front.  The image from the Welcome Christmas stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark and heat embossed with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder.  I distressed the edges, spritzed it with the Soft Suede marker and sponged the image and edges with Soft Suede ink.  I curled the one corner and matted it with Certainly Celery card stock.  Two Cherry Cobbler brads were added above the curled edge and a piece of Cherry Cobbler ribbon was added below the curled edge.  The image layer was popped up on the front with dimensionals.  I punched two more flowers from Cherry Cobbler and Certainly Celery card stock using the Bojo Blossoms punch.  I added a Cherry Cobbler brad in the center and attached it to the card with a dimensional.  The greeting from the Curly Cute stamp set was stamped on Certainly Celery card stock with Soft Suede ink.  The end of the greeting was punched using a square punch.  I softened the fibers with a bone folder so I could attach it to the front in a wavy effect.  It's still seems too early for Christmas cards but I'll be glad I did them when I need them in December.  I hope you're having a great week.  I'll see you again soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamps:  Welcome Christmas (w-#118736/c-#120597); Curly Cute (w-#117014/c-#120510)
Ink:  Soft Suede (#115657); VersaMark (#102283); Soft Suede Marker (#119685)
Card Stock:  Certainly Celery (#105125); Soft Suede (#115318); Whisper White (#100730); Cherry Cobbler (#119685)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder (#116824); Heat Tool (#100005); Boho Blossoms Punch (#119858); 1-3/8" Square Punch (#119877); Cutter Kit (#106958); Designer Sanding Blocks (#124304); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
Finish It Up:
Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#124138); Regals Brads (#119737); Subtles Brads (#119738); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love the distressing, Patti! The texture is wonderful and there are so many fabulous details with the curled corner and flagged sentiment. Great job!

Terry Blais said...

The sponging and distressing make that layer look like fabric! It's amazing. So glad you entered a card in our A La Card Monkey challenge this week. Thanks!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Very Beautuful Card! I love how you put the ribbon and brads by the image!! Thanks for playing along with us at A La Card Monkey!!

Hugs
Shirley

Eileen Lang said...

Beautiful card, and especially love the distressing and use of Spritzer tool. I forget about using mine, and have to get it back out because it adds so much to the card.

Lisa Kmiec said...

Beautiful! I love this stamp set and it looks great with the embossed background! The distressing adds a great look!

Debbie Martin said...

Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal. Great card!
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com