Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

There's A Chill In The Air

Hello to all on this beautiful Sunday.  Fall is definitely in the air here in New York and provided some inspiration for this card.  I also used three challenges: The Rubber Redneck STAMPede Color Challenge #1, Hand Stamped Sentiments Fall Theme Challenge #84 and Freshly Made Sketches #2.

I made a 4-1/4" square card; this will still fit in a regular A2 envelope.  The base is Lucky Limeade card stock.  A piece of Cajun Craze card stock was run through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I spritzed it with an Early Espresso marker and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.  The edges of a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock were
sponged with Early Espresso ink and then attached to the Cajun Craze layer.  Three More Mustard brads were added to the upper left corner.  I put a strip of sticky strip on the lower edge of the ivory card stock and scrunched the More Mustard ribbon along it.  The sentiment from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set was stamped on ivory card stock with Early Espresso ink, punched out with the small oval punch and the edges sponged with Early  
Espresso ink.  Using the same punch, I punched out two pieces of Early Espresso card stock and used them to mat the sentiment.  It was added to the card front using dimensionals.  For the leaves, I added a few drops each of Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Lucky Limeade ink refills to a baby wipe.  Instead of using a stamp, I rolled my brayer over the wipe and brayered it on to a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock.  I did it a number of times until I got the amount of coverage I wanted.  I then ran it through the Big Shot with the Leaves #2 Originals Die.  I chose the maple and oak leaves and used dimensionals to add them to my card.  Even though autumn isn't officially here yet, I am welcoming it with open arms.  It's my favorite time of year; love the cool air and beautiful colors of the changing leaves.  My husband, on the other hand, looked at the card and was instantly reminded of having to rake all the leaves.  I suppose that's a guy thing.  I hope you're enjoying your early fall Sunday.  See you soon.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Fabulous Phrases (w-#117002/c-#120501)
Ink:  Early Espresso (#119670); Early Espresso Ink Refill (#119789); Cajun Craze Ink Refill (#119790); More Mustard Ink Refill (#101962); Lucky Limeade Ink Refill (#122930); Early Espresso Marker (#119680)
Card Stock:  Lucky Limeade (#122926); Cajun Craze (#119684); Naturals Ivory (#101849); Early Espresso (#119686)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335); Brayer (#102395); Leaves #2 Originals Die (#113459); Color Spritzer Tool (#107066); Stamping Sponges (#101610); Small Oval Punch (#120908)
Finish It Up:  More Mustard 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#124140); Regals Brads (#119737); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)


 

16 comments:

Lesley Croghan said...

Hi Patti!
Love this card, it is gorgeous and the rich colours make me want to curl up with a good book and a cup of cocoa! You should enter this at the Friday Mashup too!!!

www.fridaymashup.com

Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Hugs,
Lesley

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love these colors and the wonderful texture! A perfect fall card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Christy Q said...

What a great card, Patti! Love the multi-color leaves. This card is perfect for fall and I love it.

Kristi said...

So pretty! I have been following Freshly Made Sketches but haven't actually participated yet. Maybe this week I'll find time to play!

Jen said...

Those leaves are gorgeous. I'm so glad you shared your technique because I never would have figured it out on my own! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Love your card and you entered three challenges with this. Way to go. The leaves are wonderful.

Linda Callahan said...

Your leaves are gorgeous! Nothing better than fall in NY for sure :) Beautiful autumn card!

Rita said...

Oh my goodness! Those leaves are STUNNING! I wish some of those colors could make their way down to Texas. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Julie B said...

I love your card! The leaves are awesome! Really makes it feel like fall.

inkedx2 said...

Those leaves look so real. You did a great job with the coloring. Love this layout. Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, a great card Patti ... I love how you have coloured those leaves, they are really very beautiful and the combination of these colours are just gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

stampinbygenny said...

Love that the embossed polka dots background coordinates with the ribbon. Your leaves look so real. Beautiful colors. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Krista said...

Wow, this is so pretty! I never thought to use my brayer in the baby wipe technique. You did get the perfect colors, too. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

Diane said...

Oooh! I love! Your leaves look so real...love the sparkle. Terrific take on the sketch and colors. Blessings, Diane

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Congrats Patti you won!!!! Thank you for playing along with The Rubber Redneck STAMPede Color Challenge!!!! I have a badge over on the site for you along with a FREE pass to the Fall Fest class!!! Thanks again for playing along, your card was stunning!!!

Shannon said...

Patti, that is absolutely gorgeous! Those leaves are awesome! I have to try that technique. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.