Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two Challenge Birthday

Today's birthday card is based on the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #112 to use some form of lace and the Create With Connie and Mary Challenge #168.

The colors are not as bright as I normally use for birthday cards but I wanted to use the Well Worn designer paper so I based my colors around that.  The card base is Cajun Craze card stock.  I added two strips of the designer paper to a piece of River Rock card stock.  The "lace" on my card is a piece of the Chantilly Crochet Trim that I dyed
using Not Quite Navy ink refill mixed with water.  After letting it dry I tied a bow and attached it to the River Rock card stock.  One tail of the bow was snipped close to the knot so it wouldn't dangle.  I added Early Espresso, So Saffron and Cajun Craze brads on two corners and attached this layer to the card
front.  The image from the Just Believe stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock with So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso inks.  The So Saffron and Cajun Craze were stamped off on scrap paper before stamping on the ivory card stock.  Three flowers were punched out of So Saffron and Cajun Craze card stock using the flower punch in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  Brads were added to the center and the flowers attached to the image with glue dots.  I punched the top of the image with the Decorative Label Punch and matted this layer with Early Espresso card stock that was also punched at the top with the same punch.  I popped this layer up on the card with dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Petite Pairs stamp set was stamped on Naturals Ivory card stock with Not Quite Navy ink.  The bottom edge was punched the same as the image using the Decorative Label punch.  This was added below the image with dimensionals.  After photographing the card, I wish I had matted the sentiment layer also but opted to leave as is because I don't have much luck trying to remove something without tearing or crinkling the card stock.  Something to remember for next time.  Hope your day is going as you would like.  Enjoy and try to find some time to be creative.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Just Believe (w-#116948/c-#120453); Petite Pairs (w-#122495/c-#122497)
Ink:  Not Quite Navy (#103008); So Saffron (#105213); Early Espresso (#119670); Cajun Craze (#119671); Not Quite Navy Ink Refill (#102949)
Card Stock/Paper:  Cajun Craze (#119684); River Rock (#108640); Early Espresso (#119686); Naturals Ivory (#101849); Well Worn Designer Series Paper (#122359)
Tools:  Decorative Label Punch (#120907); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309)
Finish It Up:  Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim (#118480); Regals Brads (#119737); Subtles Brads (#119738); Neutrals Brads (#119736); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)
 

12 comments:

Eileen Lang said...

Great idea to die the lace. I always forget to do that! Pretty card too.

Mary Brown said...

Wow...these colors are soooo different on this! Thanks for playing along with week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

How cool that you dyed the ribbon! I love Well Worn DSP and I love how you made the flowers coordinate with it!

Nance Leedy said...

What a great idea! I never thought to dye the crochet lace--it looks fantastic! Great use of both challenges! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty card, love the dyed lace! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge on Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Deb said...

Such a lovely card! Love the fall colors! And the dying of the lace is so clever! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Renée said...

The dyed lace and the fun shaped main panel are great! Thanks for playing with us at CCMC :)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Patti! I love the dyed lace!

Lisa said...

Pretty card. I like the way you used the "scraps" from your punch...many times we throw that away and it can be used! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patti I love this card! I love how you used the brads!!

Dale Morin said...

Patti, Love how you dyed the lace! The card is beautiful. You did a great job. TFS

helloholley said...

Hi Patti!!
I love this card and the way you used the punch on the sentiment, great idea girlie!!!;)