Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wheeee - Snow Much Fun

I can't remember if I ever made a card as clean and simple as this one.  The Less is More Week 32 challenge of "one layer - seeing double" had me putting on my thinking cap.  I now believe that less is harder than more.  I also used the color combination from the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge #167.

The card base is Shimmery White card stock.  All images are from the Merry Winter stamp set.  The sled was stamped with Basic Gray ink; and yes, I meant for it to be on an angle so it would look like they were sleigh riding.  Many times I've stamped things not quite straight but this was on purpose.  Using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the taller of the two snowmen on the sled, one in Cajun Craze and one in Old Olive.  There is a border stamp of snowflakes that I colored just four flakes with the Old Olive and Cajun Craze and stamped it in the corner.  The sentiment was stamped above the flakes with Basic Gray ink.  This would make be a great card for a class of beginners, a workshop make and take or quick and easy Christmas cards.  It was so hard not to add some bling, ribbon or more layers, but I am happy with the results.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Merry Winter (w-#122700/c-#122702)
Ink:  Basic Gray Ink Pad (#109120); Cajun Craze Ink Pad (#119671); Old Olive Ink Pad (#102277); Cajun Craze Marker (#119678); Old Olive Marker (#100079)
Card Stock:  Shimmery White (#101910)
Tool:  Stamp-a-ma-jig (#101049)
 

13 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a really fun card Patti... super job, you've managed the 'less' bit really well!
Thanks so much and we hope to see you again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Id you could possibly remove the Word Verification option from your blog we would be really grateful!
Thanks

Mandi said...

Super cute card
They look like they are snowboarding!
Good to see you
Thank you Patti
Mandi
"Less is More"

Nance said...

Oh my goodness, Patti! This is too cute! Those snowmen sure look like they are having a grand time. Way to go on the less is more challenge...certainly a challenge indeed but you rocked it! Very clever to combine these colors with snowmen! Thanks for joining us at CCMC this week!

Deb said...

This is such a cute card! Love these little snow dudes! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable clean and simple card, Patti! You did a great job!

Debbie Henderson said...

I agree Patti, I have a hard time with the simple cards too and I have a hard time with clutter so I'm always in the middle somewhere. Those little snowmen are so cute!

GinaA said...

brilliant fun card, made me chuckle

Mandi said...

Hi Patti
I've ppopped back to apologise!
I made the mistake of reading your entry on my iphone and I didn;t actually see that your cute snoman ARE on a ski! I coiuldn't tell on my small picture!
So sorry
Super card!
Mandi
"Less is More"

Micki - Avenue of Art said...

"Less" IS hard to do...for me too!
Your card is really cute...reminds me of a "Calvin and Hobbs" cartoon I saw once. (They were sledding down a hill ready to crash...to the dismay of Hobbs and the pleasure of dare-devil Calvin!)
TFS
- Micki (www,AvenueofArt.com)

Dale Morin said...

Oh my goodness! Love this card. Those little guys are so cute! Great job.

Carrie Gaskin said...

So super cute! I love these little snowmen! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week!

Lisa said...

Less is so much harder than more! You managed quite well! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

How sweet and simple! These little snowmen always make me think of marshmallows! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!