Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hello Baby

I needed a card for a friend whose daughter recently had a baby.  I used the KA-POW Kreative Challenge 4 and the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #117 - CAS with Ribbon.

The base of the card is Pretty in Pink card stock.  I ran another piece of Pretty in Pink through the Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate.  A bow was made using retired Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon and attached to the embossed layer with a glue dot under the

bow and the other tail attached on the back.  A piece of Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon was added on the other side and the end notched.  The sentiment on the image from the Easy Events stamp set says for baby, but I didn't want that sentiment.  I used some scotch tape and covered up the sentiment, inked the image with StazOn ink, removed the tape and stamped the image on Watercolor paper.  I then add the sentiment
from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set under the image.  The image was colored with Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Tangerine Tango inks using a blender pen.  I punched out the image with a Scallop Circle Punch and sponged the edges with Certainly Celery ink.  I attached the image to the card with dimensionals.  Three pearls were added to the ribbon and one pearl colored with a  permanent marker was added to the eye.  I hope you've had a great weekend.  The snow finally stopped last evening and fortunately, we didn't get as much as  predicted.  It will probably be gone in a day or so as the weather warms up a bit.  I have to admit, though, it is pretty to look at.  Enjoy the rest of your day; I'm going back to watching the Steelers.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Sets:  Easy Events (w-#116958/c-#123225); Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Certainly Celery Classic Stamp Pad (#105217); Daffodil Delight Classic Stamp Pad (#119667); Pretty in Pink Classic Stamp Pad (#101301); Tangerine Tango Classic Stamp Pad (#111834)
Card Stock:  Pretty in Pink (#100459); Watercolor Paper (#122959)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); Perfect Details Texturz Plate (#115962); Blender Pens (#102845); Stamping Sponges (#101610)
The Finishing Touches:  Basic Pearls (#119247); Certainly Celery 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117288); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Certainly Celery 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (retired)
 

13 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love the textured plate you've used in the background Patti. Such a cool effect. This is such a cute card. TFS!

Denise Willerton said...

what a SUPER cute baby card ~ just love this Patti ~ TFS and have a super day!

Ann Schach said...

Oh how cute, Patti! This is one of my favorite texturz plate...and it looks perfect on this delightful baby card!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is adorable! I love the background texture - thanks for playing at KKC this week.

Dale Morin said...

Love this card. I often forget the textured plates. Love how this came out. I need a boy card. I think this will look terrific in blue also. TFS

Shannon Angel said...

Cute Card! I love the texture plate for the background and I like that you made the stamp set your own by changing the sentiment.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card! love this little guy!

Anita Krul said...

The texture is perfect for this adorable card. The sweet colors match it perfectly.

Thanks for playing at KKC.

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My blog:
internet dsl vergleich oder dsl vergleich anbieter

CaroleM said...

aahh I love the 'soft feel' of this card; your friend will love it - you did a great job following the sketch!! So excited to have your beautiful card playing along at KaPow!!
smiles, Carole

marniemiller said...

Love the textured plate and the simplicity of this. Lovely baby card!!
Marnie

Shari Winterstein said...

This card is so cute I am almost giggling! I love everything about it! Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Kim said...

What a sweet card - I love it.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim