Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Joy in Green

Happy Friday everyone.  My card today is based on the Paper Players Challenge #66 (add music), the Picture Perfect Creations Color Challenge #74 and the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #5.  I chose The Sounding Joy stamp set that has the words to Joy to the World as my music muse.  Green is my favorite color so the Picture Perfect challenge was good but that combination of greens had me really stumped.

I chose Garden Green textured card stock for the base.  A piece of Pear Pizzazz designer paper was run through the Big Shot with the Snow Burst embossing folder.
When I did that, the white core of the designer paper showed through giving it a neat look.  I spritzed this layer with Frost White shimmer paint mixed with alcohol and attached it to the card front.  I took a piece  
of Lucky Limeade card stock, sponged the edges with Lucky Limeade ink, spritzed it with the shimmer paint, matted it with a piece of Garden Green card stock and added it to the card.  The lyrics were stamped using Garden Green ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock that was cut out with the Circle Scissors Plus.  The word Joy from the same stamp set was heat embossed on a piece of white vellum card stock cut out with the Circle Scissors using VersaMark, Lucky Limeade ink and clear embossing powder.  I attached the vellum to the lyrics with Garden Green brads and popped this layer up with dimensionals and glue dots.  I made a bow with white satin ribbon and attached it to the card with a glue dot.  A lot of green even for me!!  I hope your weekend is off to a good start.  I'll see you soon.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  The Sounding Joy (w-#121967/c-#121979)
Ink:  Garden Green (#102272); Lucky Limeade (#122935); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Paper:  Regals 12x12 Textured (#121076); Garden Green (#102584); Lucky Limeade (#122926); Whisper White (#100730); 2010-2012 In Color Patterns Designer Series Paper (#117158); White Vellum Card Stock (#101856)
Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Heat Tool (#100005); Circle Scissor Plus (#112530); Glass Mat (#112531); Snow Burst Embossing Folder (#124096); Sponge Daubers (#102892)
Finish It Up:  Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#114616); Regals Brads (#119737); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Frost White Shimmer Paint (#116854); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)
  



14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow lots of beautiful details here! Love the embossed DSP - love the embossing on the vellum! And I adore the white bow against the green! Really pretty card!

LeAnne said...

So very pretty---very fresh for a Christmas card, I love it! I think this is one of the prettiest sets, too! Thanks so much for playing with the Paper Players and my musical challenge this week!

Ann Schach said...

What a perfect stamp for our music challenge, Patti! I LOVE the Snow Burst background! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Tara Bilbao said...

This is such a pretty mono-chromatic color combination. I love all the texture and the stamping on the vellum. Nice job with the challenge. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

Julie Marshall said...

Wow...I LOVE the colors on this card! That Lucky Limeade sentiment is just gorgeous on the vellum! I love the layers you can create with this stamp set. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Jen Timko said...

This color combination is tricky and you rocked it! Great job with all the beautiful elements! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my ... what pretty colours, love that centre panel so soft and serene!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen said...

Wow, this is fantastic. I really love how you combined all those greens! And the Joy sentiment stamped on vellum is inspired! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Michele F. said...

Ohh.. you make all these greens go together so nicely. BEAUTIFUL card! Thanks so much for joining us at PPC this week.
Michele
PPC DT

Tamie said...

Wonderful Christmas card. I can't wait to try my new embossing folder out! Your card is beautiful. Thanks for playing PPC this week.

Lesley Croghan said...

Wow, cool colour and love what you did with the velum Patti! SUCH a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cindy Hall said...

Great techniques. I love the greens and the vellum for softness. Very well done. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches and The Paper Players this week!

Dale Morin said...

What a beautiful card! Love how the white showed through the DSP when embossed. Great job and loads of detail. TFS

Anne Marie said...

Patti, this is fabulous! Love the glorious greens and how you used the vellum. The embossed background is the perfect touch. You rocked the sketch! :)