Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Last Halloween This Year

I needed one more Halloween card so I used the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge 226 and the on-going Monday Monster Mash Halloween Countdown Week 11 for my inspiration.

My card  base is Basic Gray card stock.  I added a strip of Frightful Sight designer paper at the top.  On a piece of Basic Gray designer paper I stamped the spider web image from the Wicked Cool stamp set.  I made two bows using Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry ribbon, attached them to the card with glue dots, and attached the tails to the back of the paper.  I then added this layer to the card front.  The witches boots from the same stamp set were heat embossed on a piece of Naturals White card stock using VersaMark and Rich Razzleberry ink.  It was punched out with the 2-1/2" Circle punch, sponged around the edges with Basic Gray ink and attached to the card with dimensionals.  I punched out three small ovals from Pumpkin Pie card stock with the Small Oval punch, sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink, attached them together to make a pumpkin and added it above the boots.  The hat from
the Wicked Cool stamp set was heat embossed on Naturals White card stock using VersaMark and black embossing powder.  I cut it out and used dimensionals to add it to the card.  Dazzling Details was added to the socks and the pumpkin edges.  I colored rhinestones with permanent marker and added them to the boots and the hat.  Whoop-de-doo, that's the last Halloween card for this year!!  Now all I have to do is get them out in the mail so they are received by Monday.  I hope you're all set for the trick or treaters in your neighborhood.  We don't usually get them at our house - not many young children on our street.  My husband gets to eat the candy we bought but didn't get to give away (we are always prepared just in case).  Have a great day.

Stampin' Up Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Wicked Cool (w-#118738/c-#120600)
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry (#115658); Pumpkin Pie (#105216); Basic Gray (#109120); VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  Basic Gray (#121044); Naturals White (#102316); Pumpkin Pie (#105117); Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (#117157); Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper (#122351)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Small Oval Punch (#120908); Paper Snips (#103579); Stamping Sponges (#101610); 2-1/2" Circle Punch (#120906)
The Finishing Touches:  Black Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109133); Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (#119253); Basic Rhinestone Jewels (#119246); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Rich Razzleberry 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon (retired)






   

12 comments:

ebeth9267 said...

What a totally fabulous card. The pumpkin is too cute! TFS such an awesome Halloween treat. Smiles, Elizabeth

Anne Marie said...

Ooooh, Patti, is this ever fun!! I really like the added sparkle and how the colors just pop off the gray. The double ribbon is a great touch. :)

Patti Chesky said...

Love this!!!!! The double ribbon treatment is stunning!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I just love that you used a mini pumpkin with glitter on it!! So Darn Cute!! Thanks for joining the MMMHC Blog Hop!!

Hugs
Shirley

Ann Schach said...

This is such a fabulous Halloween card, Patti! I love the Dazzling Details and the rhinstones. The double bows add so much texture! I LOVE everything about it!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Wow I'm looking at the muted background of the card and how all the color just pop's on this card. Love it! Great job.

Tammy Fite said...

So cute!! Love that pumpkin!!

Selene Kempton said...

I love the sparkle on the pumpkin! It really makes my mind wander.. pumpkin witch? oh now i need pumpkin spice coffee... Tis the season. This is an amazing card! Thank you for playing along with Stamping 411 and sharing your talents with us.

Candice said...

what a great little Witch card :-)

glassgraffitix2 said...

Cute cute cute! Love the sparkle!

Rita said...

This is awesome, Patti! I love the sparkle; it really makes the pumpkins stand out!

Dale Morin said...

I agree with all of the above. Simply a great card. Just love the pumpkin and everything else about this card.