Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mambo Eggplant Thanks

Hello all.  I've been neglecting my blog for a number of days because I was working on designs for a class I had Saturday.  Now that the class is over, I'm ready to get back to blogging.  Although I considered using this card for the class, I decided against it.  I made it based on the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #7.

My card base is Melon Mambo card stock.  I added a layer of Whisper White card stock.  Two strips of Elegant Eggplant were punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch, attached to the back of a piece of Flirtatious designer paper and centered on the card front.  The sentiment from the Tagtastic stamp set was stamped on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark ink, heat embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder, and punched out with a scallop circle punch.  I matted it with a larger Elegant Eggplant scallop circle and added two Elegant Eggplant brads.  It was popped up on the card with dimensionals.  Using the Big Shot and the Beautiful Wings embosslits die, I cut out various colored butterflies, gently folded them in the center and added them using mini glue dots.  Enjoy the day; it's a beautiful fall day here in the Hudson Valley.  I'll be back to share the cards from the class over the course of the week.  See you soon.

STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS USED 
Stamp Set:  Tagtastic (w-#122745/c-#122747 - Hostess)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Paper:  Melon Mambo (#115320); Whisper White (#100730); Elegant Eggplant (#105126); Flirtatious Designer Series Paper (#122360)
Tools:  2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (#118874); 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854); Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (#118138); Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402); Heat Tool (#100005); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439)
The Finishing Touch:  Regals Brads (#119737); Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123223); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Mini Glue Dots (#103683)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love how the Eggplant sets off the Mambo! Oh yes we stampers have our own lingo :) very pretty card!

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Patti! I love the butterflies and the Flirtatious paper! I can't wait to see your class cards!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my, this is a lovely colour combination ... love the doilies and the butterflies are just way too cute!!!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Cindy Hall said...

Really pretty... love how you combined the doilies with the scallop punches. The butterflies are a perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This really is so pretty! I love those little butterflies and the colors are so happy! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Dale Morin said...

Great card. This is a wonderful layout for all sorts of cards. Love your colors.