Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Mambo-ing Two Days In A Row

My card is based on the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #116.  When I saw the challenge, I decided I would create a card for my recent class based on the sketch and this is what I came up with.  I had to keep it pretty simple since there was a new stamper who wasn't comfortable with this whole card making thing.  It also has the frame technique I used in this card.

This is a 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" square card.  I made it this size so it would fit in a regular envelope.  The base of the card is Melon Mambo card stock.  The frame piece was made from Cheerful Treat designer paper using the technique I found here.  All four corners were rounded.  Melon Mambo ribbon was attached to the back on two of the punched out sides.  I matted the designer paper with a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock that I had rounded the corners on and then wrapped the other ends of the ribbon to the back and adhered it.  This whole layer was attached to the card front.  I stamped one of the flowers from the Posy Punch stamp set on a piece of Whisper White card stock with VersaMark and heat embossed it with Melon Mambo embossing powder.  It was then punched out with the Fancy Flower Punch.  A Lucky Limeade brad was added to the center and the flower was attached to the card with dimensionals.  I call these type of cards generic because I didn't use a sentiment so it can be used for any occasion or just as a note card.  A pretty simple card and the center can be changed out to add many different images or sentiments.  The ladies liked the cheerful colors.  I'll have three more to share in the coming days.  Would love to have you come back for a visit.  Don't hesitate to leave a comment; I read them all and appreciate you taking the time to add them.  Have a terrific day.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Posy Punch (w-#122480/c-#122482 - Hostess)
Ink:  VersaMark (#102283)
Card Stock/Paper:  Melon Mambo (#115320); Pink Pirouette (#111351); Whisper White (#100730); Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (#122381-Hostess)
Tools:  Heat Tool (#100005); Decorative Label Punch (#120907); Fancy Flower Punch (#118073); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder (#123223); 2011-2013 In Color Designer Printed Brads (#122940); Melon Mambo 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#122985); Stampin' Dimensionals  (#104430)

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow so happy and cheery! This is so cute!

Ann Schach said...

What a lovely card, Patti! You have put me in the mood to Mambo! I have not used this color in ages...yet this card is so fresh! This is a great layout!

Michey said...

Patti, I adore the frame technique that you used, thanks so much for inspiring me!

Dale Morin said...

Another great card. You are on a roll. I have been enjoying my visit to your blog.