Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Million Thanks

I have a very dear friend whose husband made me a bunch of wooden stands to display my cards at classes.  (See photo below for the card in the holder).  I wanted to send him a thank you so I used The Rubber Redneck STAMPede Sketch Challenge 3 as inspiration.

I flipped the sketch 90 degrees.  The card is 3-1/4" x 6-1/2" in size.  The base is River Rock card stock.  A piece of the Well Worn designer paper is attached to
another piece from the same designer paper package.  I added a retired brass eyelet using the Crop-a-Dile and ran a piece of Denim Jean Ribbon through the eyelet and attached it on the back.  The sentiment from the Word Play stamp set was stamped with the Not Quite Navy craft spot and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The edges were distressed with the 7-sided distressing tool from the Cutter Kit.  I matted that with distressed pieces of Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso card stocks.  I popped it up on the front with dimensionals.  I didn't have any of the small open-end envelopes so I made my own.  Using the same designer paper, I cut a piece 8" x 9".  On the 9" side I scored 3/4" on one side and 1-3/4" on the other.  On the 8" side, I scored at 2" on each side.  I folded on all the score lines, cut off the little excess pieces (wish I had taken a photo but it's easy to figure out which pieces should be removed), folded the sides in and adhered with sticky strip.  I folded up the bottom edge and sealed it with sticky strip.  I rounded the corners of the flap end.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  I think I succeeded in making an appropriate thank you for a great guy.  We're getting socked with snow here today; not my idea of a beautiful fall day.  I hope you're faring better.  Enjoy your weekend.

Stampin' Up! Products Used 
Stamp Set:  Word Play (w-#120308/c-#120651)
Ink:  Regals Craft Stampin' Spots (#119717)
Card Stock/Designer Paper:  River Rock Card Stock (#108640); Not Quite Navy Card Stock (#101722); Cajun Craze Card Stock (#119684); Early Espresso Card Stock (#119686); Well Worn Designer Series Paper (#122359)
Tools:  Crop-a-Dile (#108362); Cutter Kit (#106958); Heat Tool (#100005); 3/16" Corner Punch (#119867)
The Finishing Touches:  Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (#109130); Blue 3/8" Denim Jean Ribbon (#125053); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430); Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets (retired)
 

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wow I love this card Patti. Thanks for the great directions. The colours are striking and it's nice to see something different. Great interpretation of the sketch.
TFS.!

Julie Marshall said...

Love that you flipped the design on this. The papers and colors are just gorgeous! TFS.

Dale Morin said...

What a great job you did on this card. Love those colors.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Patti I love your card!! Love how you flipped the design around too!! Thanks so much for playing along with the TRRSS3!!! I really appreciate it!!